AP ESB Build WIP

Had a bit of an accident yesterday... I slipped while cutting the teeth out and have an ugly scratch on the face of my helmet. I tried buffing it out and made it look all scuffed :( I'll post pictures after work and you guys can tell me how bad it is.

Had a bit of an accident yesterday... I slipped while cutting the teeth out and have an ugly scratch on the face of my helmet. I tried buffing it out and made it look all scuffed :( I'll post pictures after work and you guys can tell me how bad it is.

May need Novus?

• Like 1

Depending how deep is the scratch, wet sand using 1000 grit then 1500 and finish with plastic or car polish to bring back original shine, you will never notice.

The easiet and fastest way to cut out the frown holes , is to use a dremel with sanding drum from inside until you make hole then use exacto to square off holes from the inside.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 2

Depending how deep is the scratch, wet sand using 1000 grit then 1500 and finish with plastic or car polish to bring back original shine, you will never notice.

The easiet and fastest way to cut out the frown holes , is to use a dremel with sanding drum from inside until you make hole then use exacto to square off holes from the inside.

The

Mark (AP)

I went at the holes a bit more are they not square enough? Do the holes have to be completely flush ?

I put one ear on to test, my Garrison Leader suggested smoothing out the edges of the ear some more and trimming down the edge where the brow meets the side on that 90 degree angle. I followed some other threads that punched a hole here to prevent splits but it wasn't large enough so the ear on the top front is catching and not closing properly... I will take care of that.

12654438_10153395095719067_386019800298412642803_10153395095819067_215177976564712592311_10153395095929067_337737044573612647209_10153395096019067_2638971041620

• Like 1

yeah I'm going to 

I,meant the black paint inside the bucket lol damn spell check...

Yeah I think you're right Dan. I'm going to skip this entirely. It's extra work that serves little purpose considering I'll be using black eva foam for my padding inside.

yeah I'm going to

Yeah I think you're right Dan. I'm going to skip this entirely. It's extra work that serves little purpose considering I'll be using black eva foam for my padding inside.

Try it out unpainted first, see if you like it, if not you can always go back to painting it black inside... Whatever works best, and you feel comfortable with.
  • Like 1

looking good! although missing brow trim lol. Doing a great job so far!

lol, noted Dan. I took it off briefly to fit everything together. Tonight Lenses and the liner. I've got an interesting idea about how to mount them pics to come.

• Like 1

I have an Idea to use rubber rope seals approximately 1/4" in diameter around the eyes and frown to mount lenses and frown mesh. What Adhesive works for rubber that's quick and permanent. I know I'll get the 1000 E6000 comments but I want something quicker that works better on rubber. Suggestions?

also has anyone used EVA foam for their helmet padding or for padding around interior accessories? 

• Like 1

I have an Idea to use rubber rope seals approximately 1/4" in diameter around the eyes and frown to mount lenses and frown mesh. What Adhesive works for rubber that's quick and permanent. I know I'll get the 1000 E6000 comments but I want something quicker that works better on rubber. Suggestions?

also has anyone used EVA foam for their helmet padding or for padding around interior accessories?

That's a very good question about the Eva foam - I was thinking about that too!