AP ESB Build WIP

Armor looks fabulous dude! Great job!! Are you using the elastics to hold down the straps. How does it look that way?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Updates: The only thing left is some painting, touching up problem areas, cutting the tabs off of the back of the shoulder straps and to strap the biceps and forearms.

Having some trouble with the biceps as I glued in the snaps too low and where I want them to sit is directly in front of the male snap in the shoulder bells :( 

I'm going to have to resit them higher in the bell, needless to say just that part is going to take 24 hours  :6:. Maybe some CA glue to make it go faster and I can keep working?

• Like 3

Damn thing has taken long enough. I'm the Master of self sabotage, once I get close to finishing something I peter out and get scared it won't look great. I hope this is not the case here. I will finish the beast.

I ca'd a couple of spots. Risky put the risk was minimal for me. Good luck. Sooooo close.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Believe me I know how annoying this is for everyone lol I apologize I want it to be over too

Not annoying whatsoever my friend- just really excited to see you get that ID - you have earned it big time!

• Like 2

Well here's a sneak peek. lol 

received_10153737746171245_zpsnfauy5fl.j

ok I'm having a real issue with my boots. The tops are too wide and I'm having some serious problems fitting them under my shins... Suggestions? I also think I need to make my bell connections shorter, attach elastic to my handplates to keep them in place. The last steps will be cleaning and buffing the armour, painting rivets and boots again and attaching the elastic strapping to the forearms to keep them in place.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 3

Looks Epic Bro! Congrats and great job, final stretch!

As far as the boot are concerned, a while back I followed a thread from "An ATA for Tampa bay" where he ran into the same problem. His user ID is wingnut65. Here is a cut and paste from what he did to fix the boot issue. I shared it a while back with another guy doing a death trooper and he said it was exactly what he needed. 

Good luck!

Tightening my Boots…

My second troop was going to be a long walk and I didn’t want any possible chance for my shoes pop out of my shins.  At Jo-Ann’s, I found 3/4" (19 mm) wide white Velcro One-Wrap, which is self-gripping, with pointy thingys on one side and soft thingys on the other side, so it can wrap around something and stick to itself.  I cut two strips long enough to wrap around my ankle one and a half times. I also added a piece of industrial Velcro soft side to the front and back of the top of my boots.

240%20-%20DSCN1853_zpsr2wr7vnm.jpg

When put on my boots, I tighten the Velcro around my boots tight enough to take out any extra space, but not tight enough to restrict my movements. Then fastening the Velcro at the front of my boot to the inside of my shins, and I am good to go!  It isn’t pretty, but the shins come down and completely cover these straps.  Later, I’ll post an update on my boots to discuss durability…

241%20-%20DSCN1859-2_zpsozmaimhe.jpg

Now that I have my boots and shins all fixed…

Let’s Go For A Walk!  Who’s with me??

• Like 2

JORGE!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! THis is exactly what I was looking for brother!! Oh man I can't wait to go home and finish this!

Looks Epic Bro! Congrats and great job, final stretch!

As far as the boot are concerned, a while back I followed a thread from "An ATA for Tampa bay" where he ran into the same problem. His user ID is wingnut65. Here is a cut and paste from what he did to fix the boot issue. I shared it a while back with another guy doing a death trooper and he said it was exactly what he needed. 

Good luck!

Tightening my Boots…

My second troop was going to be a long walk and I didn’t want any possible chance for my shoes pop out of my shins.  At Jo-Ann’s, I found 3/4" (19 mm) wide white Velcro One-Wrap, which is self-gripping, with pointy thingys on one side and soft thingys on the other side, so it can wrap around something and stick to itself.  I cut two strips long enough to wrap around my ankle one and a half times. I also added a piece of industrial Velcro soft side to the front and back of the top of my boots.

240%20-%20DSCN1853_zpsr2wr7vnm.jpg

When put on my boots, I tighten the Velcro around my boots tight enough to take out any extra space, but not tight enough to restrict my movements. Then fastening the Velcro at the front of my boot to the inside of my shins, and I am good to go!  It isn’t pretty, but the shins come down and completely cover these straps.  Later, I’ll post an update on my boots to discuss durability…

241%20-%20DSCN1859-2_zpsozmaimhe.jpg

Now that I have my boots and shins all fixed…

Let’s Go For A Walk!  Who’s with me??

• Like 1

Let's just pretend that didn't slip in there. Bad form on my part.

You might want to remove the middle figure picture. Very inappropriate, especially if you're going to join the legion.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 1

I apologize to everyone here and should have known better. It won't happen again and hopefully doesn't affect my approvals.

Edited by ComradeDave

Ok I am pretty much done assembly, I took some pictures of the mods that I used from Jorge's re-post from Wingnut's ATA build it worked pretty well but I left my camera at hoem :( I think I need to work some of the kinks out still though...

• Like 2