AP ESB Build WIP

Whoop whoop. Glad you're back on the grid. Everything looks awesome! Can't wait to see it all together.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's some of the progress yesterday night.

Thighs are getting their inner strips. I apologize for the picture quality. I left my SD cards at work for my Canon DSLR so the phone had to take it's place.

20160516_234146_zps69pivsnm.jpg

Snaps for the bells and biceps!

20160516_234218_zpsgdsrkc99.jpg

20160516_235958_zpsfvrxhbjn.jpg

Doesn't look like a lot but this doesn't show the time spent fighting with the forearm oval and sniper knee nor the time scratching my head on how to install the chest snaps.

• Like 3

Started the Ab and back snapping last night

IMG_5093_zpslsum0z6v.jpg

IMG_5094_zpsqgiggi5e.jpg

I was also very proud of how well my seams fit together on the thighs whilst closing them on the inner strip.

IMG_5095_zps1llr7jfc.jpg

IMG_5096_zpsh8uuabvf.jpg

I also started my E6000 fight with the sniper knee, this is going to be a riot :L

IMG_5097_zpsnltpd6ul.jpg

• Like 2

You know it bro! I also bought a lightweight Balaclava. I have a winter one but it will be way too hot in the summer.

Almost there brother.. Getting excited yet ?  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

You know it bro! I also bought a lightweight Balaclava. I have a winter one but it will be way too hot in the summer.

Summer one may be way to hot in the summer too lol

My sniper plate is riveted if this helps any...

• Like 1

My Thigh armour is nearly complete. A bit more trimming and I'll be set. I got the back cover strips on and installed the ammo pack. You can see I'm still fighting with this damned ammo pack as well lol. I also did dome more snaps for the back and kidney.

IMG_5099_zpsh4muslwi.jpg

IMG_5101_zpsbnh2lgm8.jpg

IMG_5102_zpstq2fq6zl.jpg

IMG_5103_zpsdf7lakdg.jpg

IMG_5098_zpssgwjoclb.jpg

I dont use mine, its hot enough in that bucket, getting out side with a nice breeze /w fans helps cool us down. I took my beard off after my first troop because i cant wear the Balaclava. 

Summer one may be way to hot in the summer too lol

My sniper plate is riveted if this helps any...

Rivets or screws are not Centurion acceptable :-(

Right from the CRL

Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

My sniper knee wasnt too bad, 6 monster clamps and alot of e6000. when i converted to TD it wasn't easy to get off lol 
Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

That's exactly what I was thinking if you want to get to cen, It's gotta be glued :( Lol and yeah I'm going to glue the crap out of that thing!

I dont use mine, its hot enough in that bucket, getting out side with a nice breeze /w fans helps cool us down. I took my beard off after my first troop because i cant wear the Balaclava. 

Rivets or screws are not Centurion acceptable :-(

Right from the CRL

Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

My sniper knee wasnt too bad, 6 monster clamps and alot of e6000. when i converted to TD it wasn't easy to get off lol 

That's exactly what I was thinking if you want to get to cen, It's gotta be glued :( Lol and yeah I'm going to glue the crap out of that thing!

Dannys thread... or mine but it was removed i think lol. I ended up putting so much E6000 back there it took 2 days to dry but it held. 

When i pulled it off for the TD diamond plate the cover strip came with it  :blink:

• Like 2

I had to take a much needed break last night. A long weekend awaits who knows I might finish this by Tuesday!

I hear ya... I'm exhausted.

I had to take a much needed break last night. A long weekend awaits who knows I might finish this by Tuesday!

Awesome. Not far to go.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lot's done will post pics later today! Unfortunately I ran out of male snaps :L I need to grab some asap to keep going. Also I don't know how you guys have gone through so much E6000! I'm just running out of my first tube lol. I think it's because I've been using the tip after globbing it on to spread it out all over the surfaces I'm gluing saving a lot of excess. Tube #2 is ready and waiting but first... Dem Snaps, I'll probably just run to Walmart and grab some Dritz ones I only need maybe 10 more. I still have plenty of Female snaps and sew in ones for the shoulder elastic.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 5

Pics of progress

First off the Thighs are pretty much done

IMG_5107_zpsljldrd3s.jpg

IMG_5108_zps9k2nzv6n.jpg

IMG_5109_zpsjlbsytae.jpg

IMG_5104_zpst3qvw1sv.jpg

Next an example of the snap placement for the torso

IMG_5105_zpsmieg9xjy.jpg

IMG_5106_zpsmuhw8j4r.jpg

IMG_5110_zpsd5tje9u8.jpg

And the butt plate complete with male snaps

IMG_5112_zpsnwe2guvi.jpg

IMG_5113_zpshtogp5ei.jpg

And the cod rivet

13271801_10153645700704067_1940549832_o_

13288026_10153645700749067_546698042_o_z

I should have taken more yesterday this is only Saturday and Friday's progress

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 4

Tried some strapping and more fighting with the knee plate last night. Still kind of unclear on how to do the calves...

IMG_5124_zpsx9h0iqrz.jpg

IMG_5122_zps1msnbtfl.jpg

Dude looks awesome! I went through a ton of nylon strap to get minimal gap between the sections. Just out of curiosity how did you measure for the strapping?

• Like 3

Honestly I eye balled it. I clamped the 2 pieces together after I placed and glued the male snap plates, took a piece of nylon and soldered the nylon to make holes right above where the male snaps lined up, put together my female snaps on the nylon stips I just measured out and voila.

Dude looks awesome! I went through a ton of nylon strap to get minimal gap between the sections. Just out of curiosity how did you measure for the strapping?

• Like 1

I need to see the sniper knee too. I just started to work it as well. I have the middle and the left side glued down. I think I am gonna (shhhhhhhh) throw a little heat :o to the right side!

• Like 1