AP ESB Build WIP

Hey guys I got kind of hung up on the helmet last night trying to make it fit better with my modular foam system. Having a hard time with my glasses now :L She's snug in there... Don't mind the cigarettes I'm holding them for a friend lol

IMG_5079_zpsnxtwv0ux.jpg

I also stuck together my shins, Pandatrooper's tutorials are awesome!

IMG_5078_zpsd609b83y.jpg

Coverstrips cut for the shins.

IMG_5080_zpshx2veoyo.jpg

And the tour de force... My new belt! cut perfectly to my belt sight unseen by our friend Mark Harrison at AP. Mark you're the best!

IMG_5081_zpslympfusx.jpg

I'm really dragging my heels with the old snap and strap, It kind of freaks me out. The leg sizing also is intimidating... Those centurion rivet placements are also giving me the willies. With all of the screw ups I've made I'm trying my best not to mess anything else up...

• Like 3

for the inside helmet padding just buy some foam strips with peel and stick at Home Depot, it comes in rolls in comes in different width, just cut to side, peel backing in stick in place, will look neater and professional looking ;)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.closed-cell-sponge-rubber-tape.1000426143.html

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.closed-cell-foam-tape-self-adhesive-weatherstripping.1000113284.html

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

I might have to do this. Mark I'm having a tough time with that sniper knee. It is way bigger than the top of my left shin and does not go on flush at all. I have seen many builds that have the same issue. All of my coverstrips for the legs are 20mm like many others. Any suggestions on how to install this?

for the inside helmet padding just buy some foam strips with peel and stick at Home Depot, it comes in rolls in comes in different width, just cut to side, peel backing in stick in place, will look neater and professional looking ;)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.closed-cell-sponge-rubber-tape.1000426143.html

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.closed-cell-foam-tape-self-adhesive-weatherstripping.1000113284.html

Mark (AP)

I'm also getting very worried about the tops of my thigh armour. It doesn't line up completely should I cut the coverstrip on an angle to make it appear more aligned? If any centurions out there are reading this please let me know if any of these parts of armour are going to give me trouble down the road...

Hey there Dave - Tony put reference photos of the thighs on my build thread that you can compare to yours - Page 55/ Post #1081

• Like 1

Well, I've been off the grid for a bit but I did get a lot accomplished. 

My thigh armour was messed up so I had to redo that. I had to realign the pieces glue the backs back together wait a day and do the front cover strips. It looks MUCH better.

Also I went out and bought some more nice larger clamps and a pair of pump clamps.

IMG_5087_zpszlcmttwm.jpg

IMG_5089_zps1kspjao2.jpg

Next my shins, The coverstripping turned out pretty good! I also started wrestling with that sniper knee... What a nightmare that thing is NOT going on straight and I need to accept that. 

IMG_5088_zpsixh5djho.jpg

I also tried my hand at installing snap plates. Not as bad as I anticipated.

IMG_5086_zpsmd2wxvwl.jpg

IMG_5090_zpsnv4e9ayh.jpg

From Danny "Mechapumpkin" Steinberg's Centurion AP ANH Stunt build I used his method for "de-ovalling" the forarms they've been like this since Saturday.

IMG_5092_zps9ehp33da.jpg

And finally I made my helmet fit nicely WITH glasses on!

20160514_002308_zps5q60qtqt.jpg

• Like 1

Slow motion high fives all around when we get to the summit brother! lol

Forget the high fives - we're playing Beer Hunter - Vader bless Bob & Doug Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I just have a very long neck Mark lol there's little padding at the top.

great job so far!  you need to remove padding your helmet is sitting too high

• Like 2

I just have a very long neck Mark lol there's little padding at the top.

I have the exact opposite problem....I split my vision between the lenses and the mesh in the mouth. I could cram the helmet down farther but then to look side to side I need to move my whole body...lol

• Like 2