AP ESB Build WIP

And thanks guys it means a lot. I'm a bit self conscious lol. I'm very passionate about this project and I just want everything to be perfect. I'm still pondering what I should do with the inside of the bucket...Ā 

Ā 

I want to load that beast up with electronics and eva foam to make it look super realistic.

• Like 1

And thanks guys it means a lot. I'm a bit self conscious lol. I'm very passionate about this project and I just want everything to be perfect. I'm still pondering what I should do with the inside of the bucket...

Ā 

I want to load that beast up with electronics and eva foam to make it look super realistic.

Keep it simple for now, don't jump ahead... Get it done, see how things go, and take it from there... Lots of options you can add at a later time, don't just jump into things.
  • Like 1

I think I confused you Danny boy, for L2-L3 an accurate non-conversion E-11 is required (from lots of questions asked), but the weird part is that no Heavy weapons are options for ESB.

Ā 

On the ANH Stunt/Hero CRL the DLT is an option and has specs for Expert Infantry... I'll submit with my resin blaster but I'm totally trooping with the big guns. My mantra is the E-11 is a side arm lol. maybe I can get a FISD for being the first ESB HWT!Ā  :peace:

Ā 

Ā 

All looks well... Not sure why the 19 is mandatory and the 11 isn't... Would have thought it was the other way around... But then again, you are going Hvy Weapons trooper so....

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 2

I think I confused you Danny boy, for L2-L3 an accurate non-conversion E-11 is required (from lots of questions asked), but the weird part is that no Heavy weapons are options for ESB.

Ā 

On the ANH Stunt/Hero CRL the DLT is an option and has specs for Expert Infantry... I'll submit with my resin blaster but I'm totally trooping with the big guns. My mantra is the E-11 is a side arm lol. maybe I can get a FISD for being the first ESB HWT! :peace:

For trooping I think it's up to you.. But as per the CRL, there weren't any HWTs in ESB, so that's probably the reason it's left out of centurion... In ANH, the only HWT I can recall is Han carrying the 19... And the TDs... That's from memory though, which is usually off lol

Ā 

Myself, I prefer the 11... But would like a 19 for the option to switch over to, along with the comlink and grappling hook set up, for Heroes... Just options, nothing mandatory...

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 3

Had a really sh*tty time with decals yesterday. the left cheek decal got all scuffed and bubbled as well as both back decals. you can't really tell from far away but up close it's driving me insane. It lost it's stickiness and had to be glued down so we'll call it battle damage esthetic... Really pissed about this.

Ā 

There's nothing that can be done about it but I'm sure a lot of newbies out there has little quirks and kinks in their armour that photos can't capture

Ā 

12900177_10153541868039067_1883993025_n_

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 1

Had a really sh*tty time with decals yesterday. the left cheek decal got all scuffed and bubbled as well as both back decals. you can't really tell from far away but up close it's driving me insane. It lost it's stickiness and had to be glued down so we'll call it battle damage esthetic... Really pissed about this.

Ā 

There's nothing that can be done about it but I'm sure a lot of newbies out there has little quirks and kinks in their armour that photos can't capture

Ā 

12900177_10153541868039067_1883993025_n_

Morning brother - check out the Trooperbay video on Decals. I had the same problem and didn't have decal spray (which you can make on your own - spray bottle full of water with just a couple drops of dish soap) or you can be lazy like me and just order some from TB.

Ā 

I screwed mine up and that's why I'm painting - hopefully tonight is the last night.

Ā 

Gremlins happen my friend, don't beat yourself up

• Like 2

Well the problem is I already bought these from trooper bay. They cost like 50 bucks shipped here I used the soap and water method AFTER I screwed these up... I only need a left cheek and 2 back of the helmet ESB decals I can't justify buying a new set for a bit of ugliness. Yeah it's bubbly and smushed looking but screw it.Ā 

Ā 

Morning brother - check out the Trooperbay video on Decals. I had the same problem and didn't have decal spray (which you can make on your own - spray bottle full of water with just a couple drops of dish soap) or you can be lazy like me and just order some from TB.

I screwed mine up and that's why I'm painting - hopefully tonight is the last night.

Gremlins happen my friend, don't beat yourself up

Well the problem is I already bought these from trooper bay. They cost like 50 bucks shipped here I used the soap and water method AFTER I screwed these up... I only need a left cheek and 2 back of the helmet ESB decals I can't justify buying a new set for a bit of ugliness. Yeah it's bubbly and smushed looking but screw it.

Did the exact same thing bud

Ā 

I know you're frustrated with it at the moment so take a breather mate.

Ā 

You're aiming for Centurion though and from what I understand you have much better skills at painting than I so why not show off your talents so old Pyrates here can be jealous.

Ā 

Push the limits my friend and don't give your ability boundaries - I support whatever decision you make, however I'm also going nudge when you're selling yourself short of your potential.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Well I would my man, the problem isĀ 

• Traps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details), no hand-painting or decals that replicate hand painted.

:'(

Well I would my man, the problem is

• Traps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details), no hand-painting or decals that replicate hand painted.

:'(

Shiver me timbers - that is a cruddy situation

• Like 2

It's honestly not thaaaaat bad sometimes I just need to say f-it and deal with it. I reached out to Mike Appling to see if he could help me out. THe issue is going to be scraping the E6000 I stupidly put under the cheek and the CA I put under the left back decal.

Ā 

In hind sight I wish I could go back in time and slap myself in the face before I did something so stupid lol and then go back before I took the heat gun to the ear and slap myself in the face twice and say that's for the heat gun and this ones for the stupid mistake you're going to make in a month when you didn't follow the instructions on FISD and trooperbay's videos before you started sticking decals all over the place you friggin idiot LMAO.

hmmmm That might be a good Idea, I could ask Mark from AP too, the decals can be ANH grey too they just can't look hand painted.

Ā 

I don't even really like the bluer tint on these ones.

Have you checked with RT-Mod for decals maybe they might have them and save you a few bucks on exchange rate?

• Like 1

Ā In ANH, the only HWT I can recall is Han carrying the 19... And the TDs... That's from memory though, which is usually off lol

Ā 

Yes, one more: "Mr No Stripes" carries the DLT-19 as he's inspecting the Millennium Falcon--the only stunt TK to do so. Interestingly, he doesn't have a holster in that scene, either....

Ā 

Sigh, my impulsivity got the better of me... After very unclear direction of the necessity of a Centurion approved blaster I bought the Questdesigns ESB E-11...

If the blaster is being sent to you in a finished state, make sure you get him to leave off the Hengstler Counter and Power Cylinders--they aren't on ESB blasters. I'm thinking about getting one of his for ESB and have been asking him questions online about it.

• Like 2

Good Eye Andy! that's good to know!

Ā 

and Also yep I talked to Brett and he sent me one without the cylinders or the counter good to go bud! I'll send pics when she comes in which will likely be tonight.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, one more: "Mr No Stripes" carries the DLT-19 as he's inspecting the Millennium Falcon--the only stunt TK to do so. Interestingly, he doesn't have a holster in that scene, either....
Ā 

If the blaster is being sent to you in a finished state, make sure you get him to leave off the Hengstler Counter and Power Cylinders--they aren't on ESB blasters. I'm thinking about getting one of his for ESB and have been asking him questions online about it.

• Like 1

For the decals, just put water in a small bowl with 1/2 a drop dishwashing soap and stir, dip your decal completely in the water and wet surface were decals goes, no worries of putting too much water its never too much and it won't affect the glue on decals,Ā  apply decal and starting from center with your thumb rub and push water towards extremities, do it a few time to make sure all water isĀ came outĀ for a perfect bubble/wrinkle free finish, if not satisfied slowlyĀ peel off decal and start over it will glue onĀ again just work at it. Its very easy not sure why people are having so much trouble, well maybeĀ its very easyĀ for me since I'm aĀ experienced model kit builder which is actually my passion not costume making lol! Ā soĀ applying decals and painting those big simple details onĀ helmets is easyĀ for me.

Ā 

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 2

For the decals, just put water in a small bowl with 1/2 a drop dishwashing soap and stir, dip your decal completely in the water and wet surface were decals goes, no worries of putting too much water its never too much and it won't affect the glue on decals,Ā  apply decal and starting from center with your thumb rub and push water towards extremities, do it a few time to make sure all water isĀ came outĀ for a perfect bubble/wrinkle free finish, if not satisfied slowlyĀ peel off decal and start over it will glue onĀ again just work at it. Its very easy not sure why people are having so much trouble, well maybeĀ its very easyĀ for me since I'm aĀ experienced model kit builder which is actually my passion not costume making lol! Ā soĀ applying decals and painting those big simple details onĀ helmets is very easyĀ for me.

Ā 

Mark (AP)

Ā 

Ā 

THat's what I did with one of my decals but these ones were not your decals Mark. They were from trooperbay. and it totally took the sticky part off...

I used the trooper bay decals and used the method similar to what mark described but used windex instead of water. I have to say that in my case it didn't remove the adhesive but makes it in effective. That's the point, you slide it around and get where you want it the you squeegee the solution out and the adhesive sticks.<br><br>

The addition of the windex speeds the sticking of the adhesive as it evaporates faster. Trooperbays decal video covers it pretty well. I am a big fan of him and his products.

• Like 3