My New Armor Box

I recently completed my armor and was excepted into the 501st and local garrison.  My next step was to pick up a box to transport my armor so I can get out trooping.  I picked up this guy yesterday at the Home Depot.  I went there for a Stanley because it seems to be the going trend (so why reinvent the wheel) but they unfortunately all out or too small.  So far I like it a lot, I just have to do a few modifications to it (i.e. line it with foam or rubber and identification).  It is on the big side, but it fits in my FJ perfectly!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I got the same box. Only reason I got this one is because of the two bars running across the box. I have short arms that can't lift these boxes without them. Here is what I did with mine.

Tiered Padded Bin (Bottom layer) Top layer fully assembled torso piece just need to slip in ;)

20151011_194124.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got the same box. Only reason I got this one is because of the two bars running across the box. I have short arms that can't lift these boxes without them. Here is what I did with mine.

Tiered Padded Bin (Bottom layer) Top layer fully assembled torso piece just need to slip in ;)20151011_194124.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

Kathryn, that looks real good. I am going to do this. Thanks for the ideas.

You're welcome!

Here is an updated picture as I pack for the Hollywood Christmas Parade tomorrow. 

Forgot to mention. Make sure you have a cushion under the chest plate. I made the mistake the first time and it rubbed and scratched all the color off -.- Not fun when you're going to a troop and take out the armor with missing abs button color.

20151128_202125.jpg

20151128_202733.jpg

Edited by Kathryn
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...