Question about imperial gaskets arms fitment.

rhapsodyred99

Ok first of all imperial gaskets are absolutely amazing. Super mobility. Not complaint nag about them at all. <br><br>

I just have a question as to the arms.<br><br>

Anovos gaskets have about a 14 inch circumference. The biceps at the bottom have a hair over 14 inches inside circumference. The top of the forearms have a little over 14 inch circumference.<br><br>

The imperial gaskets are 14 inches at the cuff but then sort of cone (like a sleeve on a shirt) larger to the shoulders, which you need, but at the bicep bottom it is 18 inches around. This results in needing to bunch up the gaskets at the bottom of the bicep, which is less than ideal.<br><br>

All this is unmodified measures.<br><br>

Now this was probably done to fit a range of arms. What I'm wondering is should I trim Down the gasket at the bicep so the gasket is more of a 14 inch circumference cylinder until it's at the top of the bicep where it needs to flare out?<br><br>

Has anyone else done this?<br><br>

Thes gaskets are so much better than the anovos economy ones that I could not move in. But the bunching up at the bicep is something I want t to fix, but before I cut I'm interested in what others have done.

Thank you for the high praise. 

Refer to the red dotted lines to give you an idea of where to cut. These things are huge and will need to be trimmed for most people. Save your trim pieces to butt your seam with. 

fXE9TaL.jpg

You can also look here; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31348-imperial-gasket-tutorial/

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Ok first of all imperial gaskets are absolutely amazing. Super mobility. Not complaint nag about them at all. <br><br>

I just have a question as to the arms.<br><br>

Anovos gaskets have about a 14 inch circumference. The biceps at the bottom have a hair over 14 inches inside circumference. The top of the forearms have a little over 14 inch circumference.<br><br>

The imperial gaskets are 14 inches at the cuff but then sort of cone (like a sleeve on a shirt) larger to the shoulders, which you need, but at the bicep bottom it is 18 inches around. This results in needing to bunch up the gaskets at the bottom of the bicep, which is less than ideal.<br><br>

All this is unmodified measures.<br><br>

Now this was probably done to fit a range of arms. What I'm wondering is should I trim Down the gasket at the bicep so the gasket is more of a 14 inch circumference cylinder until it's at the top of the bicep where it needs to flare out?<br><br>

Has anyone else done this?<br><br>

Thes gaskets are so much better than the anovos economy ones that I could not move in. But the bunching up at the bicep is something I want t to fix, but before I cut I'm interested in what others have done.

Have you thought about separating the shoulder from the elbow; cutting the bicep piece out? Maybe connecting them with some elastic straps, or not?

-Pete

Thanks Wyatt! <br><br>

I had seen that thread but was paying attention to the glueing. <br><br>

I went ahead and trimmed it down and it works much better.<br><br>

Again these things are perfect.<br><br>

You can't move like this in the Anovos ones!

post-16761-0-34181600-1448474028_thumb.jpeg

I trimmed mine in several places as mine are very tight and I simply couldn't get my forearm in with it attached to the shoulder. I also have shorter arms and a broad chest so the gap was off, so I required some trimming in the length of the shoulder ribs to get the elbow higher.

• 5 months later...

After trying a few different methods, I find that cutting them up and attaching to the armor is the best way to go. Velcro sticks to the rubber permanently, so be careful when positioning your velcro. I also like this method because there is no since carrying more weight than you need to.

Someone asked me if snaps work, but I wouldn't try it. They would just pull out.