TK-1636 Youtube channel

TK1636

Thank you all, i plan on making one or two more videos to finish up the TK building. The last one will talk on storage tots and how to put on and store your kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspiring stuff 1636,

Ā 

Up to videoĀ '21 of 45' and they certainly build confidence in the member to construct their own kit. By the way... pleaseĀ take your drill off 'hammer'Ā (you won't need hearing protection). I'll definately be scoringĀ a belt sander prior toĀ my next build to speed theĀ trimming process up.

Ā 

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

these videos are awesome.thank you, will be very helpful on my upcoming build.

Ā 

Thank you sir, i try my best.

wow I am planning on doing my 1st build very soon, and have already watched almost all of these videos! I will have them playing sie by side as I work on my build!

This is awesome!

Thank you so much!

Ā 

Very cool just finished my last video, soon to start a new build

Inspiring stuff 1636,

Ā 

Up to videoĀ '21 of 45' and they certainly build confidence in the member to construct their own kit. By the way... pleaseĀ take your drill off 'hammer'Ā (you won't need hearing protection). I'll definately be scoringĀ a belt sander prior toĀ my next build to speed theĀ trimming process up.

Ā 

All the best!

I helped on of my garrison buddies and he got that for me as a birthday present, it was worth it.

Ā 

Outstanding videos thank you so much for sharing!!

no problem sir.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Ok i just posted my last video and within a week i will be starting the OT Anovos build, so i should have those videos up soon so the Anovos builders can see how i made mine.

Ā Ok i just posted my last video and within a week i will be starting the OT Anovos build, so i should have those videos up soon so the Anovos builders can see how i made mine.

Can't wait to see it!Ā  Did you get your BBB yet?Ā  Is it your personal set, or for someone else?

Ā 

One thing that's really left out of the Anovos instructions is fitting advice, and sizing customization in particular.

thank you for doing these videos. I have yet to actually purchase my armor but I have been slowly collecting the other soft pieces I need while I save up and these help to understand what I'm getting myself intoĀ  :laugh1: . I cant wait to actually start building!

Question for the OP: Mike, what grit sandpaper belt are you using in your belt sander? The stock 80, or did you go higher for a smoother finish and slower (read more controlled) material removal?

Can't wait to see it!Ā  Did you get your BBB yet?Ā  Is it your personal set, or for someone else?

Ā 

One thing that's really left out of the Anovos instructions is fitting advice, and sizing customization in particular.

Ā I did not order a Anovos kit i already have enough kits as it is, i will be helping muliple people in AZ to put theirs together.

Ā 

Outstanding videos. Between these and Ukwrath's build, I'll have all the info I'll need to be confident enough to tackle my Anovos kit.

Ā 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ā No problem, i do this to help future trooper like i was helped when i started many years ago.

Ā 

thank you for doing these videos. I have yet to actually purchase my armor but I have been slowly collecting the other soft pieces I need while I save up and these help to understand what I'm getting myself intoĀ  :laugh1: . I cant wait to actually start building!

It will be fun once you start, just get with your local garrison they will help you a lot.

Ā 

Question for the OP: Mike, what grit sandpaper belt are you using in your belt sander? The stock 80, or did you go higher for a smoother finish and slower (read more controlled) material removal?

Ā I use 80 grit. I don't like to waste time, so i go to town with the excess plastic. This grit works great and if you do it right you won't have a rough edge.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā So since i did not order a kit i am going to have to wait on my friends to get theirs and figure out a day we can all meet together to build the kit and film at the same time. I work most weekends so it is hard for me to meet with my garrison buddies for the build. If all goes well we should start building and filming on February 6th, so hopefully a couple of days later it will be edited and posted. i plan on looking over the kit and giving a review then putting together the torso on the first day. The good thing is my buddy is 5'8 and 165 so we can build it to screen accurate size. I am going to have him get the snaps, nuts and bolts for the metal brackets, elastic white and black, zap a gap and lastly a new canvas belt from TKkittle.

Edited by TK1636
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Going to revive this thread because the videos have been immeasurably helpful and I can't help but thank someone for sharing them. They've given me the information and confidence to help build my first armor set. The videos have also saved me a ton of time too, I was going to use E6000 but decided to use CA glue after watching. I would normally heed the excellent advice here but being pretty mechanically included and having experience building things gave me the push to use CA. <br><br>

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...

As I patently await the delivery of my bid box of happiness I found these videos by accident and im on my second go around and can tell that they will be emensly helpful to anyone who's attempting there first build. Thanks for taking the time to document & post!

• 3 months later...

Quick Q , does everyone have Velcro on the shins ? I see some builds have Velcro on the thigh armour as well so it can be easily put on / taken off.. Is Velcro allowed for 501st clearance ?

Ā 

sent from my Mobile

Ā 

The shins technically are the only limb armor that opens and closes for access, and yes velcro is perfectly accepted at all levels of approval. I've seen velcro used in other areas but it's not recommended because it diminishes the accuracy uniformity between troopers. BTW the last comment is my opinion not necessarily the rule of law.

I don't use any velcro for my kits, other than the velcro that is sewn on to the canvas belt. I tell anybody i build for if they want to put velcro on the shins once they leave i don't care but when i build them i use my own bra shin clips.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, TK1636 said:

Just started building the FO TK from KB if anybody is interested on how to put it together. It is similar to the Anovos but also different in some parts.

Would be great if you could make a post in the FOTK build section with some links to them, much info gets lost in build threads as many don't want to go searching ;)

• Like 1

On 2018-02-12 at 11:22 PM, TK1636 said:

Just started building the FO TK from KB if anybody is interested on how to put it together. It is similar to the Anovos but also different in some parts.

Got a KB on order - will followĀ :salute:

• 4 months later...