TK-1330's AP assembly progress

For cutting curved lines on AP I recommend cutting on the INSIDE of the armor. Its much easier to follow the curve on the inside of the armor.

i realized i should have tried that after i was done cutting the limbs and torso parts. but i will have to do that with the belt and other accessories anyway, thanks for the advice

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TE2 and AP are similar in size. I'm 6'0" and wear this armor, and I'm sure not the tallest to do so.

Hope this helps :)

Hmmmm.... Oneal, how tall are you? Is that amor made for like... short people, or people up to 6'1" and such.

i'm actually short for a Stormtrooper, i'm only 5'5" but here in the Philippines its not so bad since there are fewer tall people. we have a member of our Outpost who is 5'7" who wears the AP armor as well with no extra trimming, i was able to fit it before i ordered my own set. the AP armor is made for people who are thinner build, my brother is a personal trainer/dentist and tried wearing the chest armor and its way too narrow, if you're of a stouter build then the RT or FX are your only choices.

i'm actually short for a Stormtrooper, i'm only 5'5" but here in the Philippines its not so bad since there are fewer tall people. we have a member of our Outpost who is 5'7" who wears the AP armor as well with no extra trimming, i was able to fit it before i ordered my own set. the AP armor is made for people who are thinner build, my brother is a personal trainer/dentist and tried wearing the chest armor and its way too narrow, if you're of a stouter build then the RT or FX are your only choices.

Well, I'm more built than I am skinny. I'm around 187lbs, standing at 6'-6'1". I figured that with some modifications I could get AP to fit me. If not, then I could always get FX armor with an AP helmet. *shrugs* <_<

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"-Leia

lol!

Seriously though, the armour should fit well after a little trimming.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"-Leia

lol!

Seriously though, the armour should fit well after a little trimming.

hehehe yeah i get that a lot, i usually respond with "Princess! i'm luke skywalker, i'm here to rescue you!" most guys either laugh it off or walk away embarrassed.

anyway, i was able to try on a set of AP armor of one of my Outpost and it fits relatively okay, but i might have to trim some parts a bit more for long term comfort especially during conventions and parades. in any case, my AP trial by fire will probably be Celebration Japan in July

Well, I'm more built than I am skinny. I'm around 187lbs, standing at 6'-6'1". I figured that with some modifications I could get AP to fit me. If not, then I could always get FX armor with an AP helmet. *shrugs* <_<

while the limbs can be fixed with shims and straps, the chest is your biggest problem might be the width, it could be too narrow, the original armor was designed for skinny people which was why they ended up using women in the armor for some shots in ANH.

I'm 6'0" 180lbs or a bit more at times. I wear TE2 which is a good proxy and actually had to trim away parts of the kidney/ab plate to get it to fit correctly. I've seen AP/TE2 armor fit even taller/larger people fine.

I'm 6'0" 180lbs or a bit more at times. I wear TE2 which is a good proxy and actually had to trim away parts of the kidney/ab plate to get it to fit correctly. I've seen AP/TE2 armor fit even taller/larger people fine.

*sigh* I wish I had seen some of this before I posted that new topic. <_<

my girlfriend TB-1870 trying to see what its like to be a Stormtrooper instead of a Biker Scout

100_6289-12.jpg

100_6287-12.jpg

100_6288-12.jpg

now she wants to know how much Femtrooper armor costs

after many hours of cutting plastic i got bored of the score & snap method and decided to try something different

100_6297-18.jpg

frustrating cutting armor is

100_6293-18.jpg

i cut out the excess plastic from the chest plate in one piece

100_6308-15.jpg

it took a lot longer but it was interesting to learn how to properly use the hot blade knife to slowly score till it goes through the plastic

100_6304-13.jpg

100_6309-6.jpg

100_6308-15.jpg

100_6307-18.jpg

Wow - great work. The pix are fantastic. That's a much cleaner way to trim than what I used in the past. Gotta get me one of those tools.