Star Wars Battlefront (DICE) Shock Trooper

I am also planning on using my anovos armor set and doing a shock trooper. :)

I am just hoping that the backpack wont be necessary.

I'm almost 100% sure the backpack won't be required. The playable model doesn't carry one.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I had some obligations the past few days. I apologize for the delay in posting the draft CRL. I'm hoping for soon.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

-Eric

• Like 1

Ok definitely going to try this even if i'm short. i've already got a regular TK done no point stopping now. and advice on spacing the top 3 squares on each side? measurements?

i probably wont get this offically approved sadlly since i'll start with the Anovos TK and try and Frankenstein it later, atleast with handplates and back.

Also you just use the same paint for the boots? i've never painted boots before and heard they chip easy.

Edit: Sorry for rambling.

Edited by Comfy Turtle

Ok definitely going to try this even if i'm short. i've already got a regular TK done no point stopping now. and advice on spacing the top 3 squares on each side? measurements?

i probably wont get this offically approved sadlly since i'll start with the Anovos TK and try and Frankenstein it later, atleast with handplates and back.

Also you just use the same paint for the boots? i've never painted boots before and heard they chip easy.

Edit: Sorry for rambling.

From what I've heard, being short shouldn't be a roadblock to getting approved in armor as long as your plastic fits you well.

I didn't measure at all during my painting - I just eyeballed it. The big red stripe should be twice as wide as the small red squares on either side of it. The squares shouldn't be taller than the gray traps.

I would recommend finding paint specifically made for leather, but I used the same can of Rustoleum on my boots. Just make sure you strip the shine off with acetone first. You will actually want the paint to chip and reveal some black - it's makes for some authentic looking weathering, which this character has a fair amount of.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Quick update (no pics yet). I sent payment to TM for the fused ROTJ style kidney/butt plate and the correct belt material. Still waiting on a set of thighs from Germany, read recently it can take around a month with the cheapest shipping option. 

Left forearm has been assembled and the back plate has been trimmed and adorned with rubber trim. Plugging away bit by bit, doing a small amount of something each day since the TFA hype machine calmed down.

• Like 1

MonCal thighs from Germany have finally arrived! Only things left to wait for are the belt and kidney/butt from TM. I should start making some good progress after tomorrow despite my work restrictions being lifted.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I wasn't happy with the bondo job I did on the ear gaps, so I took the ears off and trashed em. Thankfully I have an extra set of untrimmed ears in a box somewhere that I can take my time on doing correctly.
1625215020_2015-12-2521_55_50.thumb.png.42a33c8f8779e9cb0be1aafff8cfb710.png

Overlap construction. Left arm pieces fit pretty well after I glued in a few foam strips. Hopefully the ridge on my left bicep isn't too thin to be considered a ding on my application, but I happen to have *two* extra halves of a left bicep I could use if this one won't work. (Scootch surprised me a lot of extra parts I didn't ask for 

I rough trimmed the thighs, shins, right forearm, and TK knee plate after dinner ended and most of the family left. Hoping to make the edges pretty tomorrow and get (at least) the thighs glued together and clamped.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

After a long, hard look at this MTK helmet, I've decided I'm gonna get it as close to done as I can....

*drum roll*

...then I'm gonna sell it.

I've decided that an ANH helmet painted up as an ROTJ isn't good enough for me, so I'll be looking to get a proper ROTJ helmet kit from TM. This will of course drag out the rest of the Shock Trooper project longer than I originally intended, but I think I'll look better overall as a result of this decision. I might also swap out the FX ab plate with one from ATA or CAP-W later on, but that's not as worrisome to me right now.

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 1

This is looking really nice!

I just wanted to share my recently finished helmet. I made it from a converted Master Replicas helmet and I know it still needs bubble lenses.

And I'm debating whether or not to make the full suit still. 

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 4

The weathering on that helmet is superb! I may have to make my TM bucket look more like that once I get it!

You should totally do the rest of the suit. There's me, and only one other guy I know of, who are doing these troopers. Like I said on IG, the ROTJ grew on me over time. The thick black frown and the squished appearance of the helmet does look fairly different from what we're all so used to seeing everywhere - but having the red stripes and the freedom to exercise creativity in weathering is worth it. Definitely more fun of a costume to put together than a clean trooper, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2015 at 7:36 AM, 2thin said:

This is looking really nice!

I just wanted to share my recently finished helmet. I made it from a converted Master Replicas helmet and I know it still needs bubble lenses.

And I'm debating whether or not to make the full suit still.

---------

Looks awesome!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Wow chance... That MR looks great! Just a few posts above I told Mike I was playing with the idea of turning my eFx bucket into a shocktrooper just like you have done there. I had the feeling that could be a great way to disguise the hideous gap on the mouth without having to repaint the whole thing. I've just done the ear thinning and changing the lenses to bubble ones. How have you fill the gap on the chin in yours? This is very inspirating.<br>

Mike, sorry to read you're giving away your helmet... I liked the badass look with the painted armor, but I think once you start you always want to improve, so that would be for the best. Have you anything in mind for a weapon?

• Like 1

Mike, sorry to read you're giving away your helmet... I liked the badass look with the painted armor, but I think once you start you always want to improve, so that would be for the best. Have you anything in mind for a weapon?

TM's ROTJ will be closer to the shape and proportions of what you see in the movies and the game, so replacing this ANH based helmet will help me sleep better at night. Hopefully there's someone out there who won't mind using it for their Shock Trooper (or whatever else, I don't care what they do with it once it's out of my hands).

I figure the only two weapons acceptable to apply with are the DLT-19 and the T-21. I'm considering a scratch build of the DLT later on that'll consist of insulation foam, PVC piping, styrene, and miscellaneous greeblies.

• Like 1

TM's ROTJ will be closer to the shape and proportions of what you see in the movies and the game, so replacing this ANH based helmet will help me sleep better at night. Hopefully there's someone out there who won't mind using it for their Shock Trooper (or whatever else, I don't care what they do with it once it's out of my hands).

I figure the only two weapons acceptable to apply with are the DLT-19 and the T-21. I'm considering a scratch build of the DLT later on that'll consist of insulation foam, PVC piping, styrene, and miscellaneous greeblies.

I am currently building a poor man's DLT with the base of a build your own blaster. A few others have used this too. Just another option.

Also your build is very nice!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So the design is ROTJ TK... but would it be allowed to use the ANH also?
I think this is the case for the TFU TKs (commander and incinerator).

I might use my old TK, since it's getting quite dirty already after all those troops :D 

I'm using 80% ANH armor, but I've put it together with overlaps instead of cover strips, which is called for in a ROTJ costume. I'd say you can use whatever make of armor you want, as long as you build it to resemble the ROTJ look.

• Like 1

I suggests the T-21 as primary weapon and as special accessory the smart rocket and/or

homing shot on the back or in hand. an impolite person seen during playable Palpatine bodyguard mode.

And the DLT-19 with backpack as seen on the tatooine mission.

Cool to have a big blaster on the back :)