Legitimate websites to purchase armor

Is the website below a legitimate website to purchase armor from that I can customize to myself?

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/214,214,stormtrooper_costumes.stormtrooper_armour_kits.KIT_VERSION_2_WITH_REPLICA_HELMET___Star_Wars_Stormtrooper_Armour.html

I am trying to build my first set.​

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to FISD. I would agree with taking a look at the link Shawn posted. A lot of websites out there advertise crappy re-casts and sets. My personal opinion would be stick to the "vetted" sellers list shown in the link. I'm by no means an expert but I would stay away from purchasing from that site.

Spencer.

Is the website below a legitimate website to purchase armor from that I can customize to myself?

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/214,214,stormtrooper_costumes.stormtrooper_armour_kits.KIT_VERSION_2_WITH_REPLICA_HELMET___Star_Wars_Stormtrooper_Armour.html

I am trying to build my first set.​

Hey Shawn this website is selling armor called Jedi Robe.  Stay very far away from this.  Follow the link that has been posted above and read through that entire thread.  That will steer you in the right direction.

Hi Shawn!

I had the same question a couple of months ago when I was trying to decide. I ultimately went with RS Prop Masters.

I just received my full stormtrooper commission two weeks ago. Here is a video of the unboxing in case you are interested:

Shawn, as it's been explained to me... PVC is whiter and glossier, some say more durable, but will show whiter bend lines in places where you bend it too much or it gets stressed. ABS is a little creamier white and closer to the tone used on the movies. ABS will also yellow over time, but you can bring it back to its original color with some plastic polish (there are some threads on that in the FISD posts). I went with ABS because most of the posts I read seemed to indicate that the majority of the 501st troopers were ABS. I didn't want to stand out as too white in a group of stormtroopers. I wanted to match the others as closely as possible.

• Like 1