Rubies E-11 Conversion for EIB?

Would it be possible to get approved with a Rubies E-11? From what I understand as long as it fits the CRL it can be approved. The rubies pretty much has everything required on it and just need a few basic mods to fit the other requirements. Here's my build. Those aren't all the final photos. I'm at work and cant take more pictures of everything. Would this be possible?

E-11pic2_zpscr27gdrm.png

thats a good looking rubies mod!  i have been considering going the extra mile with mine as I have most of the items handy that I could build from scratch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still no answer here....

Well we allow Hasbro Blasters for EIB and after all the rubbish comments about SDS blasters, one of them has also just been approved for EIB.

I would say, based on that all types of blasters as long as they resemble an E-11 should be allowed for EIB, but not Centurion. Or the other end and do away with them all completely and only allow a true representation of an E-11 for all advanced levels.

But the shape of those T tracks are a little too "Rebels" TK blasterish for me. Perhaps grind them down to straighten out the curve

I think a few of us might have a background discussion on this, to see what the general feel is, and if any more mods would bring it to an EIB passable level, or if it is acceptable at the stage you have it.

Before Doopy kits, the Hasbro's and home made versions were all that was available, unless you could get your hands on a deac. Now days we are spoiled for choice with more accurate versions.

You have done a great job on this One

Please bare in mind, this would require a change in the CRL and this may take some time to happen, if it is ever decided that it would be an accepted blaster for EIB.

But all the above doesn't mean you can't troop with it anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you're right Sly - probably time to re-evaluate the Blaster rule. The old style Hasbro's with the chunky grip/trigger section and about 4 inches too short looks nothing like an E-11, whereas the Rubies looks pretty good apart from the rounded T-tracks like you mentioned. Then there's the new Hasbro, WITHOUT that chunky section which isn't too bad, especially compared to the old Hasbro. Then the SDS blaster with a pop rivet as a front sight! And of course Doopy's, Phoenix, and a few others out there....

There is nothing currently in the CRL disallowing the Rubies, so a firm decision on what is allowed, why the Rubies is disallowed or what mods needs to be undertaken is required.

And pop rivets are CENTURION approved! And you don't need charging handles for Centurion anymore either.

I must have missed this one, I'm going to check it out......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And pop rivets are CENTURION approved! And you don't need charging handles for Centurion anymore either.

This was my app approval, Sly was not involved so don't blame him.

Though I agree with you regarding the rivet, unless it's defined exactly what type of rivets are allowed in the CRL, it's my call. The remainder of the armor was, in my opinion excellent.

Charging handle was my mistake and I'll be letting Rui know and I'll state my mistake on the thread. 

Holster

For 501st approval:

• The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws. 

• 1 year later...

I'm curious about this as well. My Rubies build looks pretty accurate, using 3D printed greeblies. My build log is located here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/41216-Cheapo-Rubies-3D-Print-E11-Build

Clearly, I'll need to add a D-Ring, but before I go to the trouble I'd like to know if it will fly. You'll notice I have a cocking spring inset in the chamber, cocking handle, and all the other details outlined in the CRL.

Sharing my E-11 with my local Garrison members, they all thinks it's quality. Lightweight, accurate (haha!) and inexpensive. I think they all ran out to buy Rubies blasters to mod them. Lol!

Thoughts? d23d56f7e228ec5a4740a0f29b843bd0.jpgd40cbc0a4e90c52dd0a4b30a55fa6409.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, djmatrix09 said:

a cocking spring inset in the chamber, cocking handle, and all the other details outlined in the CRL

Am I missing something? I see nothing about the spring or handle in the CRL...

22 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Properly modified the Rubies is accepted up to the EIB level, after that it will need to be replaced regardless.

Again, am I missing something? The CRL difference between level 2 and level three merely says no Hasbro.

1 minute ago, jethroskull said:

Am I missing something? I see nothing about the spring or handle in the CRL...

Again, am I missing something? The CRL difference between level 2 and level three merely says no Hasbro.

Regarding my quote, all I'm saying is that for my Rubies mod, I included additional detail not required by the CRL or EIB requirements.  Cheers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jethroskull said:

Rubies is ranked right up there with Hasbro. Neither is adequate enough to meet Centurion standards. Though Rubies is not mentioned it is still recommended it be replaced with something more accurate at the higher level. That said, as Andrew and I always state the accuracy of your armor, weapon included, is ultimately up to you.   

Hope this helps

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, ukswrath said:

Rubies is ranked right up there with Hasbro. Neither is adequate enough to meet Centurion standards. Though Rubies is not mentioned it is still recommended it be replaced with something more accurate at the higher level. That said, as Andrew and I always state the accuracy of your armor, weapon included, is ultimately up to you.   

Hope this helps

Hey all!

I noticed this post looking to see if a rubies Mod was acceptable for basic 501st approval.  Just checking again to see if this is still the case.  

thanks!

1 minute ago, TK 10872 said:

Hey all!

I noticed this post looking to see if a rubies Mod was acceptable for basic 501st approval.  Just checking again to see if this is still the case.  

thanks!

You need to check with your garrison GML. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, TK 10872 said:

Hey all!

thanks!

Blasters are not required for basic approval.  Here is direct quote from CRL, "Blasters are not required for legion membership per our weapons policy."

I did not realize how old this post was.  Sorry.

Edited by mjrose927

What I was actually asking was if a modified Rubbies e-11 blaster was approved for trooping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubies is excluded from Centurion level but not mentioned in basic and EIB. So, as long as it meets basic and EIB, it should be fine. Here is the ANH Stunt CRL for reference; http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2015 at 8:37 PM, Sith Lord said:

Still no answer here....

Well we allow Hasbro Blasters for EIB and after all the rubbish comments about SDS blasters, one of them has also just been approved for EIB.

I would say, based on that all types of blasters as long as they resemble an E-11 should be allowed for EIB, but not Centurion. Or the other end and do away with them all completely and only allow a true representation of an E-11 for all advanced levels.

All I can say is that after we fork a lot of cash just to get approved for entry level. A super nice E11 will cost almost 150 to $200 just to be able to be approved for Centurian. Unless you make it your self.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:46 AM, djmatrix09 said:

I'm curious about this as well. My Rubies build looks pretty accurate, using 3D printed greeblies. My build log is located here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/41216-Cheapo-Rubies-3D-Print-E11-Build

Clearly, I'll need to add a D-Ring, but before I go to the trouble I'd like to know if it will fly. You'll notice I have a cocking spring inset in the chamber, cocking handle, and all the other details outlined in the CRL.

Sharing my E-11 with my local Garrison members, they all thinks it's quality. Lightweight, accurate (haha!) and inexpensive. I think they all ran out to buy Rubies blasters to mod them. Lol!

Thoughts? d23d56f7e228ec5a4740a0f29b843bd0.jpgd40cbc0a4e90c52dd0a4b30a55fa6409.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks bad A$$

• Like 2