A look inside The Force Awakens Stormtrooper dressing room.

TK5492

Has anyone seen this yet??? This is really cool to see. Also the information about the armor, *I believe*, may be new as well.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-11/18/star-wars-force-awakens-stormtrooper-dressing-room

• Like 2

This is ridiculous. The link isn't working because of the stupid browser issue with the forums when I'm on my phone. Sorry everyone I will have to fix it when I'm home later on Firefox.

The link is not working, but these two photos are making their way around the internet this morning:
Pinewood1_zpsfauitq4d.jpg.22547698cdc5a45b2d76d1c2e6f2b182.jpg

Pinewood2_zps1hzhl6xx.jpg.6892c39a42c0d9ec003c80d22bc5332f.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 2

I'm volunteering right now, to be one of the Stormtroopers in any of the movies moving forward.  I've been in far worse conditions than that.  I could live with myself being there.

• Like 1

Yeah I would gladly take on that role as well. Can you imagine? It also appears that the biceps are overlapping with maybe velcro closures? <br><br>

Gotta agree with the clips as well. They give it a real world feel for how the armor would actually be worn, it would be pretty amazing for them to actually "clip".

• Like 1

Some things that I noticed looking (closely.  VERY closely) at these pictures:

The Biceps are indeed split in the front.

The gaskets are glued/attached to the legs and arms.

The Ab/Kidney appears to be held in place by some sort of vest.

The chest/back/shoulders appear to be attached to the ab/kidney via Velcro on the sides of the ab/kidney, so that they'll sort of float, without resting on the wearer's shoulders.

I suspect that this is the reason behind the metal tab structure that supports the shoulder bells.  They don't actually rest on top of the wearer's shoulders 

• Like 1

I wish someone took closer pics so we can study the costumes!

No doubt. I'm fairly certain about all of the above things from looking at these pictures. If they were HD or even slightly closer, oh man... The things we could discover.

Here are the full res. pictures. I have all of them saved to upload to our reference gallery later.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 3

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the legs would be a pain to put on as a one piece.  Also wonder why the butt plate isn't already attached to the back plate.

Cool pics though.  I'd volunteer to do this if given the opportunity - as most people on here would.

I'm volunteering right now, to be one of the Stormtroopers in any of the movies moving forward.  I've been in far worse conditions than that.  I could live with myself being there.

I'll dust off my jump boots if they need any Airborne TK's in future movies :D