Battlefront Bucketheads PSN friend list

charlesnarles

It's about a day away now, so I thought I'd make a list of PSN account names of folks who want to play Battlefront on PS4 together. Helmet optional, but highly encouraged just for funzies :P My PSN ID is "charlesnarles" just like on here. Let's put FISD or 501st etc. in the request so we know to accept. See you online, troopers!

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

My PSN is the same as my nick here: VulpX. Is it an idea to create a 501st or FISD community? Invite only, and an easy way to have all the Battlefront players together in one list.

Edited by VulpX
  • Like 2

My PSN is the same as my nick here: VulpX. Is it an idea to create a 501st or FISD community? Invite only, and an easy way to have all the Battlefront players together in one list.

Ā 

Ā 

good idea, doo eeetttt!

good idea, doo eeetttt!

Ā 

Okay, I'll probably make the group tomorrow and invite everyone I see here. 501st or FISD only? I know a lot of people from the DG who will play the game on PS4, and not all are TK's ;)

Ā 

I don't know if I'll have the game this week btw, I'm a little short on money right now and payday is next week :P

• 1 month later...

Is this game worth getting? I like games of the Mass Effect/Skyrim type. I am a fan of the Battlefield series but not CoD.

This is probably more akin to the COD series, with enclosed, fast-paced battles as opposed to the sandbox-style freedom and overall size of the Battlefield (1942, 2, 3, 4, 2142, Vietnam) series, and has little to do with the old Battlefront games.Ā 

No real vehicular combat or flight modes, no option to go AWOL on any huge map and snipe from a totally ridiculous distance, just a few maps to select from, no story mode, career mode or campaign, weapons are too similar to each other,

no classes, and too little focus on actual teamwork puts it apart from those games. The customizable characters do not really impact anything, it's mainly just visuals.

Ā 

I'm like you, I'm mostly into story- and playerdriven games, not just mindless skirmish stuff, although i like FPS games, but mostly because of the freedom and realism some of them provide, (like ARMA 3) or interesting story (like Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R.)

Ā 

But comparing Battlefront to Skyrim and Mass Effect isn't really realistic, as the play style is totally different, and less "intelligent". It's just a straight forward team deathmatch/CTF shooter, no real tactics nor story involved, and character progression is pretty much not present.

For gamers who like story and progression, that's often a good point of not getting it.Ā 

That being said, it's visuals are completely stunning, so if you want a (visually) excellent Star Wars game, go for it. It's probably the closest thing you can be to Hoth, Tatooine or Endor without actually going there.Ā 

And the things it DOES good, it does REALLY good. It really FEELS like Star Wars, like a beautifully crafted extension of the movies, a real addition to the franchise and not just some way to cash in on the tragic demise of LucasArts.Ā 

They just kind of missed the "game of the year" mark, and in my opinion it shines best when you have a quiet moment during the skirmishes and are able to look at the scenery and props.

When the fighting starts you often kind of forget you're in the Star Wars universe and switch to "pew pew pew" point collector mode.

It's a cool game for true fans.Ā 

Ā 

But this is my opinion as a GAMER, not a SW fan. As a fan I say; You get to be a stormtrooper, go for it!Ā  :D

• Like 2

Yeah, I think you'll have more fun over time with Destiny, to be honest. It's probably closer to the things you like (Much like a mix of Skyrim and Mass Effect, actually)

Watching gameplay videos is fun and all, but playing a lesser clone of a far superior game, just doesn't do it for me. Even though it IS Star Wars.
They could have done so much more, but they cut a lot. Now don't take me wrong, it's still a good game, i suppose, it's just not what 65% of the fanbase expected or wanted from an upgraded version of this immensely popular series.

It got a 72 score on metacritic, which is in no way mindblowing.

I guess they based it too much on wowing the audience with graphics, (which are PERFECT, in my opinion) it's just not that exciting as a complete game, especially considering you'll have to double the price for the "season pass" to actually get a hold of all of the content.
I'm having a hard time stating this this as I was really looking forward to it after the beta, like REALLY hyped, but then like, four hours after launch the web was already flooded with "CUT CONTENT, SHORT ROUNDS, REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY." so i steered clear for the rest and now it seems like all the whooping and cheering has become "mehs".

They took the "serious take on fun" (like battlefield did) out of it to make it another arena pray and spray shooter. I'd much rather have tactical military manouvers.
Also, MICROTRANSACTIONS. It's already expensive, why pay even more to have content that should be available through SKILL, not money?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...