Forever 21 Men's Chelsea Boot option for $39.90?

While out at the Shopping Mall today, I came across these Men's Chelsea Boots at "Forever 21" for $39.90.

------------

The plus is that you could try them on. The price is reasonable for a replacement. It is within driving distance.Saving on shipping.

The con is that they are faux leather.

Has anyone came across and used them for trooping?

Andy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Well, actually, they look pretty decent and I don't think the faux leather really be hindrance.

But ...

First of all they are not high enough. They will slip out of your shins continuously.

Second, the faux leather being not of the shiny sort will make it difficult to get a shiny white finish with the leather dye.

My two cents.

It would be my opinion that getting the faux leather to take the white dye, then get it shine is not worth the savings of $40. I think Imperial boots run about $80. But then again, they are shut down until Jan 4th. So this may be your only hope...

You can make these work. Spray them with white fabric/ vinyl spraypaint from an automotive store. That should be shiney enough. <br><br>

If the paint begins to flake off in areas of friction that's OK because the screen boots did as well.<br><br>

Some Velcro or a snap between the top of the boot and the inside of the shin will help keep everything in place.