Strapping/connection options?

If you mean the ones I posted, Dan, all the double snap plates are nylon.  I find that the nylon better conforms to the shape of the armor, especially in the curved areas like the kidney and abs.

If you mean the ones I posted, Dan, all the double snap plates are nylon.  I find that the nylon better conforms to the shape of the armor, especially in the curved areas like the kidney and abs.

Right, I was using ABS plates but switched to nylon instead for the reasons you stated.  What I'm wondering is the straps themselves, the female snap end.  Are they made of nylon or elastic?  I know the arms use elastic straps, because you need the flex, but does it matter for the chest/back area?

Is the internal strapping system in the chest/back made of webbing or elastic?  I know the arms are elastic and the thighs are webbing, but I have seen conflicting answers on what to use for the chest/back.

Everyone has their own preferences for strapping, but IMHO I think elastic is best everywhere so that you have a little give when you move. Static elastic can stress the plastic creating higher likelihood of cracks.