The actual TFA Undersuit

JimmyC

Let me begin with a story on how I found this... Now, I can't promise these are still available, but if you go and contact them sooner rather than later, you may be able to get one. 

JoqSPzW.jpg

GaPL2ZQ.jpg

I would frequent this under suit website frequently, because they had nice cotton one piece double zipper black under suits. I have one from when I was making my TK and I've been in the market for another one, since I now have 3 TKs and only once undersuit... ANYWAYS... Right around the time that TFA was in production I was on their site and I noticed a new undersuit i had never seen before, kind of odd looking.. it said it was for the new movie, but i really didnt know. I had mentioned it to a friend of mine, and not a few days passed and the site and removed the page. I didn't think anything of it again until I got my email about finally being aloud to buy TFA armor! so I was on the lookout for a new undersuit... and I remembered that site! so I went there and emailed them...  and this is the response I got:

"We have some left over which pinewood studios didn’t use they are £49.99 each

sizes left are large and XL"

Yes please! I jumped on it!  I got it and it looks exactly like that.. Now, I know it's impossible to tell since the film isn't out yet, but I really wouldn't doubt it.. The shiny part is very stretchy...

anyways.. email them directly: http://stormtrooperundersuit.com/

Good luck getting a set! Post here if you get one!! :) MTFBWY

-Jimmy
Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

did they really supplied the undersuit for the film, I don't know.

Yerrp, they did :) ,

That site is part of Extreme Racing who provided the suits for TFA. They had them up on their main site way back in July-Aug 2014 but they removed 'em a little while after, they must have got their hands slapped by Disney / Lucas because they haven't put them back up since.

:)

• Like 5

Just ordered mine as well. I ordered an XL based on the sizing chart. Paid the same price as Bryan, which is a LOT more than I'm used to paying for a TK undersuit but I figured it's worth it for the accuracy. Here is the text of the email they sent me:

Hi Brian

I’ve added it to our site
-------------------

The ep7 gloves will be available soon too

Regards

Russ

Regards

Richard

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, we have a very creative member of the UKG Armoury team who is in the process of replicated this undersuit into a more user friendly 2-piece so that you can utilise an existing UA top (or any other suitable brand) that you might have.

He should be offering them up to troopers pretty soon :duim:

• Like 3

On 11/16/2015 at 2:00 AM, tkrestonva said:

Just ordered mine as well. I ordered an XL based on the sizing chart. Paid the same price as Bryan, which is a LOT more than I'm used to paying for a TK undersuit but I figured it's worth it for the accuracy. Here is the text of the email they sent me:Hi Brian

I’ve added it to our site ---------------------

The ep7 gloves will be available soon too

Regards

Russ

Regards

Richard

I also emailed, also received the same response, and also ordered the XL based on the chart. Definitely more than what I'm used to spending but hey, if it is accurate, it is accurate, right?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Done. Not sure why it was in 501st only anyway. 501st only TFA is just for people doing build threads that they don't want the public to see.

I order mine at the end of last year or first part of January, right around the time when they first closed down their site. (I can't remember exactly) but yes this is what the correct TFA under suit looks like.

Just a heads up the material is much thicker than what we are used to with normal underarmor. It feels more like cold weather under armor.

Mine is still the in the bag. I think it would be too hot to wear it here in sunny Southern California.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns
  • Like 2

Are the EP7 gloves movie accurate as well?

NO, NO, NO, their gloves are far from accurate.

Imperialboots has the most accurate gloves. They use the correct black thread for the stitching on the palm pads. etc.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns
  • Like 1

Has anyone received tracking info or notification that the item has shipped? The status for my order is "Complete & Dispatched", but I haven't gotten any e-mails regarding shipment. Since I've never ordered from this company before, I just want to know what to expect.

Has anyone received tracking info or notification that the item has shipped? The status for my order is "Complete & Dispatched", but I haven't gotten any e-mails regarding shipment. Since I've never ordered from this company before, I just want to know what to expect.

I received a Royal Mail tracking number this morning for my suit.

Mine came yesterday. From the time I placed the order to the time it arrived took eight days - which coming from the UK is lightning fast. It's definitely thicker than your standard UnderArmor-type compression gear - more like t-shirt thickness - but still stretchy. I ordered an XL and it fits perfectly.