Lucky#Eleven - Phoenix Props Pipe Kit with Completion Set, Conversion Counter, Inner Barrel and more Add-Ons

T-Jay

On 20/02/2016 at 11:06 AM, usaeatt2 said:

SWEET MOTHER OF E-11 BUILDS!!!

Mind%20Blown_zps3rzb4ph4.gif

THIS really made me laughing out loud. Who is that guy? Hairstyle and glasses look like from the deepest 70’s... Funky :lol:

On 20/02/2016 at 11:26 AM, Bulldog44 said:

Tino, Aaron's reply says it all and more. <br>

I still can't believe how you did the the magazine release. Crazy skills my friend!

A member of the FISD once posted pictures of how that part worked on his Sterling. Although there is no real function in my build to release the magazine, I wanted to incorporate this mod :rolleyes:

On 20/02/2016 at 1:01 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

If people want it its not hard to add back, about 4 clicks! I just wasn't happy with the finish due to the extra work required.

Very curious about that effort - when I finally get there. Real life is currently slowing down things…

On 21/02/2016 at 10:06 AM, sla73 said:

Wow T-Jay,

I just found this build, haven't even finished my doopy build yet and this makes me what to get into a pipe build!

Fantastic stuff. !!!

Bryn

Hey Bryn, nice to have you stopping by. Indeed the pipe builds allow to add a few more details than the full resin kits. But for trooping, I guess this blaster won’t leave the house…

On 24/02/2016 at 8:55 AM, Ripper_L said:

this thread is insane. All the details are incredible and I really like how you do all the work. I will learn a lot from this for my Aluminium blaster :)

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Thanks Chris, glad if this thread is of any help to somebody. Have seen your aluminum build and man, this is outstanding. Can’t wait to see the folding stock in action…

On 26/02/2016 at 1:55 PM, Thrawn's guard said:

Tino I take my hat off to you as your work on this build is of the highest quality.

This is already one of the best builds I have seen and will be a great source of reference for all future blaster builders. I suspect it may also inspire and tempt a few of us who have already built blasters to start a new build.

However not only are you putting together what will provide to be an amazing E11 your attention to detail within your build threads is second to none and I very much look forward to following this thread through to it's completion.

Thank you very much for your kind words Chris. You sounded, like this thread started something... :)

On 26/02/2016 at 6:41 PM, TKZombie said:

Oh my, wow talk about taking it to the next level and beyond. Incredible can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Christina. I wish for a faster progress, but there are some other things in life... However, update #12 will be ready (latest) at the next weekend.

Edited by T-Jay

Update #12     - Work on front end

25181832190_a68e4a5cc0_b.jpg
24850701463_d1ef43d4d8_b.jpg
24850700223_2f61f0c885_b.jpg
25358971462_cdbe792c86_b.jpg
24850697313_190f27f82a_b.jpg
25477420055_ff217418c4_b.jpg

Some readers might have noticed the new receiver tube during the last updates. Derrek (Dday) had corrected the position of the front sight block in his latest tubes.

He wanted it to be accurate in this thread and therefore generously replaced the tube with a new one. Next two pictures (from other finished builds) show the difference.

25109853549_a21a68f187_b.jpg

With that new pipe, the muzzle from Derrek can be installed in 3 different ways:

25181823310_87c8e13646_b.jpg

After Aaron (usaeatt2) had highlighted the issue with the rolled edge on the Sterling muzzle, he started making resin casts of his modified masterpiece. I am now very happy to introduce one more of his highly detailed resin copies in this build:

24846851014_598a3c4b0c_b.jpg
25384541441_d003e59742_b.jpg
24846848704_fd5c80f41e_b.jpg

Thank you for reading. Feel free to leave any comments and critics. Next update might take a bit longer...

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 6

Looks great! I bought a doopy kit (still not here yet) but when I saw Aarons muzzle kit I bought it. I'm building my E11 around his kit. Kind of backwards to be doing it this way however, seeing how it's an exact replica I couldn't resist.

Edited by kevin926
  • Like 1

24846848704_fd5c80f41e_b.jpg

Next update might take a bit longer...

Another highly detailed set of updates Tino! What's the side profile of that front sight guard now. Top view looks like it's bending back on itself a bit. Is it noticeable from the side?

And really, next up "a bit longer"'?? Come on....

• 3 weeks later...

Big apologies to everyone here for keeping you waiting. In the background I have been working on the folding stock, that I had somewhat underestimated. However the good news is: next update is not that far away…

On 04/03/2016 at 11:28 PM, kevin926 said:

Looks great! I bought a doopy kit (still not here yet) but when I saw Aarons muzzle kit I bought it. I'm building my E11 around his kit. Kind of backwards to be doing it this way however, seeing how it's an exact replica I couldn't resist.

Hi Kevin, the same over here. As I am trying to reconstruct the Sterling in most details, there was no way around Aaron’s muzzle kit with rounded edge. And I love how it changed the front view…

On 04/03/2016 at 11:50 PM, Sith Lord said:

Another highly detailed set of updates Tino! What's the side profile of that front sight guard now. Top view looks like it's bending back on itself a bit. Is it noticeable from the side?

And really, next up "a bit longer"'?? Come on....

Thanks Ian. You are correct, in my last photo it looks like the sight guard was pressed together, but luckily this seemed to be just a fish-eye effect of the camera or something. The side view below shows how it really looks.

25396359413_7cfaf07813_b.jpg

Happy Easter everybody :)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Thanks Ian. You are correct, in my last photo it looks like the sight guard was pressed together, but luckily this seemed to be just a fish-eye effect of the camera or something. The side view below shows how it really looks.

Looks spot on there! Nice job Tino

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2016 at 11:29 AM, jkno said:

Such a superb and detailed build! AWESOME!!! :duim:

Ah, Dracula's neighbor is back for a visit. Thank you Sergiu.

On the other hand, being so detailed is very time consuming – but who cares after it is done?!  ;)

On 24/03/2016 at 12:21 PM, Sith Lord said:

Looks spot on there! Nice job Tino

Thanks Ian :)

On 24/03/2016 at 9:48 PM, Twnbrother said:

WOW.... I am continually impressed. I picked up the muzzle from Aaron and the complete kit from Derrek.... now I just gotta get the time to build. thanks for posting your build. I will be using it as the perfect template.

Sounds like you have everything there for a great build.

And I think your idea for the battery placement is much better than mine. With that, you can really combine a movable bolt AND electronics… :duim:

Edited by T-Jay

Update #13     - Carving nightmare with the folding stock

Sorry again for the long wait. My plans to add some details took much longer than expected...

26117869031_31241ccfe9_b.jpg
25911337250_2fa1766b43_b.jpg
25579440724_41f5fee821_b.jpg

This reference picture is one of the best to study the details of the folding stock. It really helps to get a better understanding of all the internal parts. For a while I thought about making mine functional like a real one. That is not impossible and might (theoretically) work with a hybrid of resin and aluminum parts, or with some pieces from a second resin folding stock (making 1 out of 2). In the end I decided to skip this extra effort and leave it folded, because we never saw it extended in the movies. However, I still wanted to make it as accurate as possible, what caused A LOT of time consuming carving work, what delayed the update during the last weeks. But it was important for me to have it looking like being made of several parts...

26091747692_cc34e94959_b.jpg
26158254796_2da9bec7d4_b.jpg
26091746332_32f0245235_b.jpg
26091745712_1946b06b76_b.jpg
25911333360_2f018a5bfa_b.jpg
25579436874_0e3be92036_b.jpg

Update #14 still covers the folding stock and comes next weekend...

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 5

That is some fine and nerve wracking work. Such small edges with thin pieces means it only takes one slip and you're destroyed the part. Glad to see you didn't have that problem!

Pretty crazy progress. Absolutely amazing.

Update #13     - Carving nightmare with the folding stock

Sorry again for the long wait. My plans to add some details took much longer than expected...

This reference picture is one of the best to study the details of the folding stock. It really helps to get a better understanding of all the internal parts.
For a while I thought about making mine functional like a real one. That is not impossible and might (theoretically) work with a hybrid of resin and aluminum parts,

or with some pieces from a second resin folding stock (making 1 out of 2).
In the end I decided to skip this extra effort and leave it folded, because we never saw it extended in the movies.
However, I still wanted to make it as accurate as possible, what caused A LOT of time consuming carving work, what delayed the update during the last weeks.

But it was important for me to have it looking like being made of several parts...

Update #14 still covers the folding stock and comes next weekend...

• Like 1

Tino, really crazy surgical work going on there with the stock, taking it to the next level as always. I think the stock I bought from Derrek came in two parts (or could have been from the DVH V1 kit I bought), is that one whole casted stock like the doopy stock? Having the front handle separate from the stock rail cuts out the need for all the deep carving but then I guess you would miss all the fun. Adding that ABs plastic part to replicate the inner stock mechanism is brilliant. <br><br>

The wait for each update is well worth it with a build like this! Epic blaster build.

• Like 3

Tino, really crazy surgical work going on there with the stock, taking it to the next level as always. I think the stock I bought from Derrek came in two parts (or could have been from the DVH V1 kit I bought), is that one whole casted stock like the doopy stock? Having the front handle separate from the stock rail cuts out the need for all the deep carving but then I guess you would miss all the fun. Adding that ABs plastic part to replicate the inner stock mechanism is brilliant. <br><br>

The wait for each update is well worth it with a build like this! Epic blaster build.

I changed my stock to 1 piece for the ease of building for people in my current kits.

On 02/04/2016 at 11:28 AM, Lichtbringer said:

Time consuming, but so much fun to watch.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Crazy germans.  :D

That reminds me of a slogan from one of our German TV stations: “We love to entertain you” ;)

On 05/04/2016 at 4:38 PM, Bulldog44 said:

I am feeling honored by your words, Brian and appreciate this encouragement.

On 05/04/2016 at 11:35 AM, Dday said:

That is some fine and nerve wracking work. Such small edges with thin pieces means it only takes one slip and you're destroyed the part. Glad to see you didn't have that problem!

Pretty crazy progress. Absolutely amazing.

Thank you very much, Derrek. Sometimes it was indeed trickier, as it looks like on the pictures…

And thanks for answering Brian’s question so quick :duim:

Edited by T-Jay

Update #14     - Details on the folding stock

As recently mentioned, there was some more work on this part…
26219919292_de70515c68_b.jpg
25709583473_9205584af8_b.jpg
26312334235_6b737b8c21_b.jpg
25707462004_2e62976958_b.jpg
26312332795_572c657101_b.jpg
26039454590_a5a47eec76_b.jpg
25707458804_be9b9e3bff_b.jpg
26286378036_c302d1f6b8_b.jpg
26246084581_0bfa774ab4_b.jpg
26039450610_c40c12332e_b.jpg
26039449530_cb6dd764a8_b.jpg

Enjoy your weekend, Stormtroopers and Cadets  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 8

Apart from the opinion on the bullets in the chamber, I would bet my life that not a single negative comment would possibly be forthcoming in this thread. Great work Tino.

Nice to see my parts in such a detailed build.

I don't thing the black is white inside more when it gets stressed it goes white. Like when you bend black plastic it tends to go white. Because these parts are lots of tiny grains laser'd together there's lots to go white.

Edit: the flexible stuff sands pretty well. I was working on mine this evening.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

Holy spring loaded stock! Locking mechanism! I have run out of words to say how amazing this is coming along.

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 1