Strip bending.

Hi folk's. So i am getting my gear up and running,And it's been going okay. Until i started gluing a strip down for one of the arms. I don't get it,It has plenty of space to fit,and it shouldent be bending. I haven't tried a big magnet or weights yet. But i was wondering if anyone could suggest anything els.

I been using E6000 and apologese if you do see how much of a mess it has made (gonna have alot of fun scraping that off) I have considered using Zip-Kicker as a replacement just for this part. But i can't find any in the UK. Any sugestions would be great. Thanks!

post-23973-0-14532900-1447105555_thumb.jpg

Just wait until you have the magnets. So much easier.

Okay,Ill try finger bigger,stronger magnet's,Sadly the small ones i got (which where expensive) Are just not cutting it for this,Probably would rather do with a fish tank cleaner magnet. Was just wanting to see if anyone els had any suggestions,Thank's for your reply! :)

Mathias is absolutely correct about the magnets.  The type you will require are the "rare earth" type, which are MUCH stronger that ordinary ones, and will help bring the cover strips in contact with the seams.  They are so strong that I would suggest covering them in blue painter's tape to keep them from scratching the ABS.  As for the E-6000, you can actually rub most of it off with your thumb.

Zip Kicker is only used for CA (super) glue, but I personally don't recommend it unless you are 100% percent certain that the seam and fit are correct.  There are no "do-overs" with it.

At this point, I would wait until you get the magnets before proceeding.  Yes, I know it may take a while, but anything doing is worth doing right!

Mathias is absolutely correct about the magnets.  The type you will require are the "rare earth" type, which are MUCH stronger that ordinary ones, and will help bring the cover strips in contact with the seams.  They are so strong that I would suggest covering them in blue painter's tape to keep them from scratching the ABS.  As for the E-6000, you can actually rub most of it off with your thumb.

Zip Kicker is only used for CA (super) glue, but I personally don't recommend it unless you are 100% percent certain that the seam and fit are correct.  There are no "do-overs" with it.

At this point, I would wait until you get the magnets before proceeding.  Yes, I know it may take a while, but anything doing is worth doing right

Thank's,ya Zip-Kicker is going a bit too far. Thank goodness internet orders dont take long at all :). Thank's alot for your help,i got a few earth-magnets on order and ill get the tape tomorrow :)

Magnets and small clamps are a must... at least 5-7 small clamps and 10-20 rare earth magnets (1/2'' min) larger magnets will yield a better clamping strength.

Also, don't forget to install the internal strip before proceeding with the outer cover strip. This will give the piece more substance and strength and therefore less stress on the front cover strip when finishing. e6000 is the best! It can be rubbed off with ease. Once dried use a micro fiber cloth and some elbow grease, to rub the e6000 right off.

Edited by cjdesign
  • Like 1

Carl is 100% spot on about doing the inside, it will help pull the seams into place before adding the outside cover strips.

• Like 1