Stanley Box Customization

Hahaha, cool to see you guys are so excited for the pics  :D

Okay then, update time!

Yesterday evening I took a hobby knife, tweezers and a spatula to remove the masking tape.

P1000497_zps141et6cq.jpg

It worked fine to a certain extend. It didn't matter how careful or delicate I tried to work, in a lot of places the removal of the masking tape peeled of some paint too. You can see it in the above picture too, near the wheel. That happened in a  lot of places. Now this may sound worse than it actually is, if you look at the box from a small distance (let's say more than a meter) you won't see the imperfections. 

Pics of the box after all the tape is gone:

P1000499_zpssgwktkdj.jpg

P1000500_zps3cpenen0.jpg

P1000505_zpsuxrdkfsr.jpg

P1000504_zpsu5rfgr6h.jpg

P1000506_zpsyfb7b7xv.jpg

Looks good right?  :)

In the coming week I'll try to repair the spots where the paint has peeled:

P1000502_zpsvuciz9ks.jpg

P1000508_zpshc60x9ze.jpg

P1000503_zpsx7x65ptb.jpg

I will also need to clean up some parts where somehow some paint got through the masking, like here on the clip. But tomorrow evening I need the box for the midnight launch of Battlefront, so I won't be able to start on that before Thursday.

The three black squares on the top of the box didn't turn out as I hoped, they all have this effect:

P1000501_zpsp7ovkdgw.jpg

I want to try something else here. I might take silver (EIB) or gold (Centurion) paint and mask the peeled paint with a line. I think this might give a nice effect. 

Tomorrow the box goes on its first trip as a pimped TK box. My Garrison mates haven't seen the photo's of the finished box yet (unless they see it here before tomorrow of course), I think it will be a nice surprise!

P1000507_zps7zznl97m.jpg

However, the box still lacks some stuff that would really make it stand out as my personal box. So after I finish cleaning up the peeled spots later this week I want to paint my TK number on it. EIB patches are on the way, as are some embossed aluminium 501st logos. I also plan to have white Imperial Cogs on the black panels on the short sides of the box. So I'm not done yet, more updates to come!  :D

Edited by VulpX
  • Like 1

I am envious as hell, Richard.  You should be proud of a job well done, sir!  If I might make a suggestion... instead of painting those edges on the top, you could always go to an auto supply store and pick up some white pin striping tape to cover those.

It's not that bad, is it? :unsure:

Although I did feel that way yesterday when the peeling started...

Looks great! I just posted the pic BEC that's probably how you felt when peeling it. Lol

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

Edited by TKedt

I am envious as hell, Richard.  You should be proud of a job well done, sir!  If I might make a suggestion... instead of painting those edges on the top, you could always go to an auto supply store and pick up some white pin striping tape to cover those.

That looks good too. Thanks for the tip Joseph, I'll look into it! :)

Looks great! I just posted the pic BEC that's probably how you felt when peeling it. Lol

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

Haha, well in that case you were spot on!

• 3 years later...