Newbie Starting An AM 2.0 Build!

tigerbuttercup

Welcome to the AM 2.0 journey!  Lots of threads with this kit going on...I'm almost done with mine.

Here's 2 great and detailed threads to get you started:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32531-navajo-bros-am-20-stunt-build/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31920-ukswraths-am-10-ata-bucket-build/

If you have any questions, ask away!

I just finished my am 2.0 last week. Navajo Bro is a great thread and will get you going in the right direction. Here is my am 2.0 thread as well. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33463-cjdesigns-am-20-build/

Feel free to message me questions... good luck and have fun!

Edited by cjdesign

I personally started with the thigh and shin fronts (only the front, not the back yet). I knew what the front cover strip width was and how much to trim for it. That way I could get experience cutting and gluing without worrying about messing up on the size.

although, as I'm typing this... I actually started with the helmet.

Stupid question:

Will Mr. No Stripes bracket set ( replace the need for snaps or will I still need a few for other areas?

Thanks!

No stupid questions... You'll need a substantial amount of return edge at the base of the kidney and top of the butt plate to install brackets or risk breaking the plastic. I considered the bracket system as well, but in the end found the am 2.0 kit didn't have enough of a return edge to create a solid connection. This kit is more conducive to snaps only.

You will need 40-50 snaps depending on the build. get good quality "tandy" type.

Edited by cjdesign
  • Like 1

I personally started with the shins because the measurements are easy in the front then went to the arms. There are no stupid questions here so ask away and if you ever have a single doubt of what or where to cut, stop and ask first. Could save you a lot of headache. A lot of people here have a lot of experience in builds and they also have a lot of silly sounding but very effective ways of doing things. One thing I can't stress enough is patience. Take your time. Go slowly, trim carefully and measure several times and check repeatedly before cutting. Good luck with your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1