AM2.0 helmet question

OH0rcgT.jpg

When I started mocking up my helmet I noticed there was a huge difference in the tube sizes from the back piece to the face piece. Has anyone else had this problem? And what is the best way to correct it?

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

It fixes itself when you bolt the pieces together and add the ears.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

This is the link I was supplied with when I had a similar concerns.

Here is tips on ears that will help you out.----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Just something to keep in mind on AM helmets... The dimples marking the bolt drill spots will give you a very low brow.

I noticed this on my kit. I thought I did something wrong. Not to hijack the thread but is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I trim the front of the cap or drill new holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed this on my kit. I thought I did something wrong. Not to hijack the thread but is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I trim the front of the cap or drill new holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just drill new holes. The old ones will be covered by the ears when they are on anyway.
  • Like 1

How I did mine was I glued the cap to the back by lining up the traps in the back, then eyeing it to getting it as close to "centered" as possible. Then I took the face, did a few dry runs on positioning to see where it would lie best, slathered some glue onto the ridge on the top of the face, and secured it with magnets to where it sat best. When it was all cured, I then put the bolts in to give it more rigidity. The ears went on like butter after that.