Bozzys Hasbro Build

Bozzy

So now the Rubies is finished it's time to move onto the Hasbro.

Doopy kit was ordered some time ago.

Started off by removing the end caps and cracking it open.

0CpuKsa.jpg

Sawed off the barrel tip and scope end

DgdKPt3.jpg

gC1Azf7.jpg

I also hollowed out the front sight.

OzJ9xyy.jpg

I cleaned of all the legal stuff and reworked the trigger a bit

91e27LA.jpg

Then the dreaded bit .. working down the T track and drilling the holes. I also wanted a gap for a bayonet lug as I don't usually see them done on the Hasbros but it means less holes.

GEyJE1F.jpg

Removed the plastic rail in preparation for a ally flat bar being delivered.

BSLS7UN.jpg

I'm also considering a inner barrel to give the effect through the lower holes but also to run the LED wires down so they can't be seen.

7Dwfxfm.jpg

So that is where i'm upto at the moment.

I've ordered one of those 8x20 fleabay special monocular to shoehorn into the scope and some socketcap m6 bolts for the front.

I was considering doing the bolt and spring but I don't have anything to use for the bolt and handle... after some advice on this one as others have done this to their hasbros but never gave up their secrets?

• Like 1

For the cocking handle on the one i made i used an s shaped draw handle I found in the bargain bin at my local diy just cut the end of and fastend it on by drilling it out and using the screw that came with it. <br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAVE-PULL-HANDLES-DOOR-WARDROBE-CABINET-CUPBOARD-DRAW-CHROME-PLATED-KNOBS-NOB-/301717832668?nav=SEARCH'>http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAVE-PULL-HANDLES-DOOR-WARDROBE-CABINET-CUPBOARD-DRAW-CHROME-PLATED-KNOBS-NOB-/301717832668?nav=SEARCH</a><br>

like this one

Little update.

I've added the inner barrell , scope rail and trimmed off the plastic around what is supposed to be the folding stock hinge.

yRQHPz2.jpg

dlkih6C.jpg

tnXMSPD.jpg

BDNqv7i.jpg

Once the glue is dry I need to get the green stuff out and fill in the gaps around the back of the scope rail.

I've also dremeled down the barrel tip bolts down ready to take the real m6 bolt heads.

Still waiting on the monocular to come to see how it's gonna fit.. might go with the tried and tested  scotch tape roll and put the lens in that. 

• Like 1

Monocular has arrived but the lens is tiny.. will have to rethink this one.. i've got a broken hunting scope that i might be able to take the lens out of.<br><br>

Edit : So I've ordered the same monocular but one with a 32mm objective lens instead of the 20mm one.. Hopefully it'll work with little effort.

Edited by Bozzy

Another little update

So the 32mm monocular arrived and annoyingly was just too big

o9czN1R.jpg

So I moved back to the tried and tested method of the scotch tape roll... and to my surprise the smaller 20mm monocular fitted inside.. I love this way as it's a no nonsense press fit.. and it just works.

HbN2Loo.jpg

6Jr1JF7.jpg

BZIstMk.jpg

I added some electrical wire to give it a fuller appearance then gave it a few coats of primer then a few coats of black satin.. and when that dried I glued the monocular in place.. disaster struck... the glue pushed out and onto the just sprayed area and began melting the paint.

7iUmIM6.jpg

Hopefully I can cover it up with the weathering.

Moving on... I got the heads off some m6 socket cap bolts and glued them in place... although looking at it now I don't think ive sunk them down enough.

OVKTax0.jpg

I hollowed out the front sight of the scope by drilling a pilot hole and then moving in with a larger bit

5TNgLCy.jpg

I broke down all the monoculars I had and tested each lens to see which one was best.. I've settled on the smallest one but i'm going to wait till the scope is painted before fixing it in place.

wWOsXLF.jpg

So getting to the end of the building .. it's time to start sticking it all together ..

Fos1vTe.jpg

After sticking it all together i'm in two minds if to use the power cells or not... it just looks very squashed and busy in that area ..

Once everything has dried .....i'll set about filling in the screw holes and cleaning things up before looking to paint.

Can anyone help.. I need a resin bayonet lug? .. I've tried to make one from foam and i'm getting no where.

Oh i'm two weeks away from my first child.. a girl.. found this for her...

6qozRHo.jpg

Ha ha I love it

• Like 4

I just quickly tried this out (please note I did it quickly) and this is what I came up with. <br>

Here are some photos of it next to my hasbro. Also, I did the blaster years ago, I had no idea what I was doing, so it is by no means accurate, it's just there for size reference. :)zNbtjiH.jpgovdO0Iz.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tiny update

Re done the barrel bolts and they look so much better. Sadly the Great British weather has prevented me from beginning the painting as I don't have a garage so I have to do everything standing in the back garden.

Also worked a piece of foam to a somewhat bayonet lug similar to my rubies.

ixStNyp.jpg

vL4RqQv.jpg

XupF5GG.jpg

• Like 1

Ah ha.. the only reason it's like that is to make it seen over the plastic.

Guess i'll have to cut some more of the plastic away at the front and rear of the sight. If i cut my t piece down it wont be seen properly except from the side.

Oh the Mrs will be happy with more dremeling lol

One other thing.. I've searched but can't find anything on it.. does or has anyone made a counter numbers decal for the Hasbro kit? it'll be the final thing i need.

Edited by Bozzy

Another little update

I've reworked the front sight , I cleared out some of the plastic and created a channel down the middle. I also cut down the foam t piece and nail to match.

InKYnMy.jpg

ydu6Anh.jpg

basLm2J.jpg

Something else I did was shaved down the resin counter where the numbers would go.

I've tried constructing a counter cover to use with some decals I got for the rubies.

Let me know what you think.

C9j0VQ1.jpg

8lJar0E.jpg

BEiaEWz.jpg

I need to clean it up and straighten it out.

• Like 1

Nearly done.. 

The British rain has tried all it can to stop me from finishing this build but i'm nearly there.

tOnfj9i.jpg

E9UDqCa.jpg

GeI6NPu.jpg

bG7eOrf.jpgXgvUlAO.jpg

fZ4MDa8.jpg

Sill no happy with a couple of things... like the bolt .. i ended up hand paining he silver and its gonna need a few more coats. 

Well i thought i was finished until i saw Truimphmark's mag stopper and end cap for the standard doopy mag so i need a set to finish it off. I have one of Gazmosis's mags but i'm gonna save that for the full resin build.

Sorry pics aren't great... just in a rush as getting final things ready for he arrival of my first child. Will try to get some clearer ones up.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bozzy - I'm just starting my Hasbro Doopy conversion and love your 20mm Monocular mod! Could you please tell me where you bought it from? I can't seem to find any like that. Really appreciate you help.

Thanks

Gareth