Scotty33's ANH Hero [ATA]

Hi all, my main build thread is over on the Redback Garrison site, but thought I would post what is hopefully the final stages here, I've really enjoyed this build and in the process have picked up a pretty awesome wrangler in my wife!

Suggestions from the last test fit were to add the straps around the biceps (done with Han hooks), trim the cover strips on the forearms and biceps, clean up the bottom of my thighs so they are less 'stabby-like', shorten my crotch strap, Sly also pointed out to me I had to trim more of the return edge off the chest and back plates. Have covered all this, so here we go!

More suggestions/constructive criticism/non-constructive criticism all welcome.

IMG_5035_zpstmjdekpp.jpg

IMG_5036_zpsneox1von.jpg

IMG_5037_zpsgtwqwpzi.jpg

IMG_5038_zpsn32fmyit.jpg

IMG_5039_zpsc1crvhvf.jpg

IMG_5040_zps4vyc8e2v.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I've had a big few days of fixing up little bits and pieces that were picked up on my approval photos. First was tidying up the paint on my helmet, as there were some parts were it was a bit rough. (My helmet (eFx) has really become the difficult middle child of this build. I have ordered an ATA one and will get stuck into that as soon as it arrives). I'll never be an artist, but I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.

IMG_5124_zpskw3cgpur.jpg

IMG_5125_zpsbzzumppb.jpg

IMG_5126_zpspfqipcef.jpg

Next, it was picked up that I had a large amount of flat space showing under the rear cover strip on my thighs.

IMG_5111_2_zpsbz8ntjfa.jpg

I was a bit in limbo about what to do with this, thinking a larger cover strip might make the ones on my calf look out of place. Luckily, I realised I'd made a pretty amateur error originally when I constructed the thighs and I had a heap of room in them, so I've made them smaller, they now fit better and the cover strip looks good. Winning all round!

IMG_5136_zpsvly7ks6x.jpg

Trimming cover strips so they don't bite me.

IMG_5135_zpsq8gbdz1n.jpg

Another problem I'd struggled with was my shins riding up, I tried Altairs method with varying degrees of success. Due to a lack of sewing machine (and the ability to use one), and also not being too keen on sticking anything to my boots, I came up with this:

IMG_5133_zpshlomhjby.jpg

Which joins to this:

IMG_5134_zpsl62ermn5.jpg

I walked around the house in this for about an hour and not one problem. I was a bit worried about the loop pulling out of the boots, but there is no real stress on it, and I don't think it will be an issue.

I also dropped the chest plate a little bit as it was a bit high.

All up, I am really happy with the better look these little bits and pieces have given my armour, will get some new approval shots in soon!

Edited by Scotty33
  • Like 1

did you put foam in your forearms? i noticed yours are pretty big too and i have one that wont stop flying around on my set

I haven't yet, but I think I will on my right arm, the left one fits pretty well. I don't have problems with it twisting, it's just a bit loose.

"The third transport (of approval pics) is away!"

"There goes another one"

"Hold your fire. There's no life forms."

Of course, if they'd shot it down, Imperials win. Gunnery Captain Bolvan must have been a Rebel plant.

IMG_5149_zpsmvkrb60x.jpg

Thanks Adam! This weekend's job is to fix the drop boxes, my first attempt to make them functional appears to have failed miserably judging by that photo....

Your armour is coming along nicely too!

Looking great, Scott, and hopefully you will be aiming for EIB and then Centurion!  When you work on the drop boxes this weekend are you able to get the outside edges to line up with the edge of the ammo belt?  The height is perfect!  Also, do you have snaps on the inside of the canvas belt to connect to your ab plate?  The first photo shows it at the ideal level, (just touching the bottom of the ab button plate), but later ones show it riding down a bit.  Just a thought, and keep up the great work!!

Side note:  When you make it to EIB, let me know via PM and I will send you a comlink/belt clip for your costume if you like, no charge, just pay shipping.

20151124_075845_resized_zpszywidyhc.jpg

Edited by justjoseph63

Looking great, Scott, and hopefully you will be aiming for EIB and then Centurion! When you work on the drop boxes this weekend are you able to get the outside edges to line up with the edge of the ammo belt? The height is perfect! Also, do you have snaps on the inside of the canvas belt to connect to your ab plate? The first photo shows it at the ideal level, (just touching the bottom of the ab button plate), but later ones show it riding down a bit. Just a thought, and keep up the great work!!

Side note: When you make it to EIB, let me know via PM and I will send you a comlink/belt clip for your costume if you like, no charge, just pay shipping.

20151124_075845_resized_zpszywidyhc.jpg

Wow, thanks Joseph, that is very generous of you.

Yes, the position of the drop boxes is the other part I need to fix.

I do have snaps for the belt, but I think one of them is a bit dodgy so will try to fix that as well.

Thanks for your kind words, I am aiming for EIB/Centurion, but it is a little bit down the track still, I need to replace my helmet and also my blaster, I got those two things before I had really done enough research, but I am planning on getting there!

Cheers,

Scott

• Like 1

Thanks Adam, I used my birthday as well.<br>

There is a list of available IDs here:<br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.501st.com/members/search_avail_ids.php'>http://www.501st.com/members/search_avail_ids.php</a>

Way to go, Scott!  Congratulations and welcome to the 501st, sir!

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...