themaninthesuitcase

Themaninthesuitcase DoopyDoo build

Nope. When I was working on it I didn't see any reference with wires. To be fair a lot didn't even have counters.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/2485-e11-power-cylinder-wires/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/17306-e-11-power-cylinders-research-thread-renamed-from-3-central-fuses/

Edited by kman

Nearly a year latter I've done some minor weathering. Goal is to break up the surfaces with light wear, not to make it look like it's been to hell and back.

33848534271_65c86a8363_c.jpg

After an acrylic wash by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

I'd prefer a darker look here but it really wants a darker base colour for the silver and I can't get it apart again to repaint it all to match so this will need to do.

33820694212_5d3bcb49de_c.jpg

Light brass weathering to scope by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Redid the white text, this time I stole the kids Crayola and dipped it into boiling water to soften it. Worked much better. Light dry brush of gold to show light wear to the scope, focused on the corners but also a light dusting over raised areas.

33848532911_08e5c300a4_c.jpg

Light weathering to butt by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Was a little more heavy handed here. I figured this area would see more wear but still a light touch.

33848531891_39d0c7a964_c.jpg

Light wethering/ by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Mag and tiger area treated the same as the but and slide respectively. Also a bit more heavy handed on the stock where it would be bashed and handled a bit more.

33165359823_9325c4825f_c.jpg

Light weathering to scope and counter by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

The counter got a little dry brushing on the cadmium part but not on the plastic area. I toyed with using a grey for that to show the "plastic" but I didn't have any and didn't want to mix.

In all a light touch but looks nicer now and less like paint. I'm no master at weathering but I was improving a fair bit by the end.

• Like 1

Your weathering looks really good, Chris. Well done :duim: 

The only thing I would suggest, is to remove that 3rd electrical connector pin in the middle of your Hengstler socket. This company has counters with 3 and more connectors, but as far as I know, only the left and right one are screen accurate.

If you want, you could weather them too, as they currently look factory new. But hey, this blaster already looks superb the way it is now... B)

33165359823_9325c4825f_c.jpg

The only thing I would suggest, is to remove that 3rd electrical connector pin in the middle of your Hengstler socket. This company has counters with 3 and more connectors, but as far as I know, only the left and right one are screen accurate.

But that's my tell for in photos! I do have the correct one somewhere I could swap out, and possibly one with 1 side and 1 centre, I just thought this would be a fun thing to help ID myself in photos.

You're right I probably should weather it though, next time I have paints out I'll see how well a black wash sticks, I also forgot the grip screw too.

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Looks great, although personally I prefer to do oil or ink washes - acrylics tend to dry too quickly to be used as a wash (throw back to my modelling days :) ).

The dry-brushing looks great. Very subtle, which is what one wants.

BTW, just want to express my gratitude for your work on the 3D parts - I ordered a few of your prints from Shapeways last week and eagerly await their delivery :)

Rudi

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1