Gear Transport option

Anyone use one of these as a TK troop gear carrier?

It seems a little light weight competed to the home depot Stanley style, but at $20 US, it seems like it is a cheaper option. I'm thinking 40 gallons capacity would be enough space, but am unsure about the inside dimensions...any thoughts out there? 

I drive a compact sedan, so I was thinking this would fit in the back seat, I'm not sure if the Stanley will...

post-23751-0-22132400-1446164540_thumb.jpg

Just did a google search on these...

The dimensions on this one are 36.75 x 21.38 x 18.0 inches

The dimensions on the Husky box are: 37 in. L x 23 in. W x 23 in. H (typically $60-70)

The dimensions of the Stanley box are 37.3 x 22.8 x 23.1 inches  (typically $80-90)

I saw they were $46 on WalMart's site.  I looked again and saw it was 2 for $46.  I can't speak for their ruggedness, but that's a good price if they are sturdy enough.  I will say that it probably won't fit in the backseat.  I had a hard time trying to squeeze my Husky box in the back seat of my Toyota Yaris.  It fit in the back okay, but getting it through the door was the hard part.

You should be able to get most everything into one that size, John.  The only problem you may encounter is that your bucket may not fit, in which case you could get a helmet bag from Trooperbay for about $18.00.  I love mine!

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I figure it will be worth the price to find out. If the longevity Is poor, that will be a concern obviously, but that will be a trial and error event I suppose. It is a hard call to make without everything already assembled and ready to test pack...

Joseph, The bucket bag wouldn't be a bad investment either...I'll look into it.

Not a stupid question at all, Chris... I lined the inside of my bin by gluing in 1 inch thick foam sheets on the sides and bottom.  To keep my armor from getting scratched up, I picked up a set of inexpensive sheets and cut them up to make individual slip-cover bags for each piece.  I used the iron-on tape available at Joanne fabric (or Wal-Mart) to seal the 3 edges as I can't sew.  I slip each one into it's own cloth bag and stack them inside as normal.  Cost me about 12 bucks and an hour's work. 

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 4

I have something similar to take bin as well. My bucket doesn't fit, and I wrap all my armour parts in bubble wrap... My bin doesn't have weeks, so it's a bit to make long hauls... I also drilled a hole to the front where the handle overlaps, so I could attack a lock. Smaller plastic bags hold the shins, forearms, each boot, belt, and soft armour parts. I tuck forearms into shoulder pieces, then wrap in bubble wrap, shins into thighs, then bubble wrap. I use industrial plastic bags for sliding chest, back, ab, and butt/kidney pieces, which I pack on the bottom. I also wrap blast in bubble wrap, and keep it in there. <br>

Hope this helips some too...

• Like 1