Force Awakens Heavy Gunner cannon build

Made a little more progress on the stock. Got the top and sides layered with 1/8" maple to try to give it some durability. I then finished everything off with bondo so I can get a very smooth even look. Just some sanding and possibly glazing putty and the stock is done!

20151105_055114_zpsjc9dcpkb.jpg

20151105_055124_zps5nczyaac.jpg

20151105_061153_zpsevczyfnl.jpg

I dont know if it helps, but when I did the officer blaster, the 3d files are out there and i made them seperate, if you want to grab that M4 topper piece.

I actually saw that and am thinking of scaling it to mine. Thanks for your contributions!

I love this build!!!  I used to build WW2 airsoft bolt actions and machine guns from scratch so this takes me back.  Awesome, awesome build! :)

Wow, that's cool. Just go easy on my amateur efforts! ;)

• Like 1

Not a lot of time to work tonight, but got a couple things done.

Glazed the front top box. Should help me get a nice smooth finish on it.

20151105_204634_zpsvi2dd0ik.jpg

Glued on the final piece of hardwood to the back (this time 1/4 inch) so pretty soon I'll be cleaning up bondo and glazing!

20151105_203129_zpswbliycue.jpg

Really enjoying following this build, quite a challenge with the scant reference available, great work!

Thanks! Yeah, that's why I told myself from the beginning that I wanted it to feel accurate, but would be ok knowing that it's going to be off in areas. :)

With the primer coat on, I think the front box looks pretty good! I'm calling it done.

20151105_222749_zpsgloqdlqx.jpg

20151105_222735_zpsstxscrfa.jpg

Post glaze, pre-primer on the stock. 

20151105_222055_zpschuguup1.jpg

The stock looks good, but needs another round of minor glazing. I knew it did, but wanted to primer so I could see all the defects.

20151105_222439_zpslfrxsqgf.jpg

So, for those of us who will not be fortunate enough to purchase a custom built HGT BFG from Clint's gun shop do you plan on posting the build specifications at the conclusion of this endeavor, or will we be left to ooh and aah for eternity?  :D  

I dont know if it helps, but when I did the officer blaster, the 3d files are out there and i made them seperate, if you want to grab that M4 topper piece.

If you look at the picture I posted on the first page, you will notice the scale between the Sidearm sight and this heavy blaster sight appears not to be the same.

Remember this is not not actual found parts, but digital scans of found parts, meaning they can very much scale them up and down depending on their need.

I can attempt to write up a summary at the end of anything I can remember. :)

That will be cool but even if not it's great you are posting photos.  It takes time to document what you do, and it's turning out wondefuly.

This might look horrible, but it's a big help to building a confusing piece. I mocked up the trigger backing piece with cardboard to get a feel for how it might go together without using real materials. I'm going to try to build this in the next day or two.

20151109_141536_001_zpspfeizek2.jpg

20151109_141557_zpscaizc3eo.jpg

first-order-troopers-shoot.jpg

It looks like the heavy blaster has a monopod! This is from the new EW gallery and I immediately thought of your build so I thought I'd post it here in case you want it.

Yeah, I just noticed that too. Not sure if I'll add it though because it's an awkward element for trooping. I'm actually not building the stand for now either - mainly because it's pretty complicated on it's own and would take as long as the whole gun to build. Maybe after the premiere. ;)

Yeah, you can also see the "Geisha Balls" part on this picture. Stupid design if you ask me! But in fact this section is supposed to unfold in several sections so the gun can be used as a turret.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can also see the "Geisha Balls" part on this picture. Stupid design if you ask me! But in fact this section is supposed to unfold in several sections so the gun can be used as a turret.

Ok, so I have to know which area "Geisha Balls" refers to. Can't say I've heard that expression before. ;)

Just googled it also, WTH! lol

So nonchalantly stated also, like a walk in the park or afternoon tea. Hey look there's some Geisha Balls. ah hahaha  :laugh1: 

You're too funny Germain  

• Like 2