How to deaden "clanging" sounding armor

Mattax

After you troop a few times, you may hear the all too familiar sound of plastic beating plastic.

After a year of troops I figured out how to beat most of this.

Buy the 8 x 11" sheets of white sticky back felt sheets. Cut to fit and apply to the underside of your armor that rubs the layer below it.

Most specifically the Chest and Upper Back armor and the shoulder bells.

Just apply to the areas that actually make contact and do not go past the edges so that it does not show from the outside of the armor.

This will reduce or remove the "clanging " noise and protect the armor underneath from nasty scratches.

Good idea...I used some of the the left over white fuzzy part of the normal velcro that I didnt use cuz I used the industrial stuff...I applied it to similar areas as yourself, and it also helps to protect the armor too, and I find that the white velcro blends in with the armor...

:salute:

I kinda like the clanging! :blink: It adds to the whole "presence" of the armor and it's sound should be a harbinger of doom to all rebel scum. Of course you're going to have scratches, but that's what you're supposed to buff out on your time off. Since we don't have steel deck plates to walk on or have hob-nailed boots, we've got to make some kind of "noise".

We're not "stealth" troopers like biker scouts are supposed to be.

But maybe I'm in the minority.

Don G.

TK-5372

Golden Gate Garrison

Personally I like the noise myself as it adds to the intimidation factor. We're all (scouts, sandys, cleans) troopers, but I'd think the purpose of a stormtrooper unit is to overwhelm the target with intimidation and direct application of numbers and firepower. Into the breach, as it were, especially in close quarter combat like space stations and vessels.

I think also this is why we don't have pauldrons, kamas, etc. as they're not conducive to close quarter combat - too many things to get caught on debris (and if you've ever worn an pauldron, you know how easy it is to bump stuff with it).

That said, it's still a neat mod and worth trying out. Who knows, you may like it better. :D

• 3 weeks later...