Problems with the gaskets

Cody42

I'm having some trouble with the gaskets from Anovos. Are some of you having similar problems and have already come up with a solution?

The material is very sticky, so putting on the armor is quite cumbersome. It's almost impossible to put on any armor parts over the gaskets. Also, once in armor the material sticks to the armor and pushes it around when I move. Especially the chest and back plate catch onto the shoulder gaskets.

Also the shoulder gaskets fold up in a way that there are huge folds on the front an back of the shoulder which push the yoke and back plate apart.

In the build I'm working on, I've just snapped the shoulder gasket to the biceps, which in turn are snapped to the elbows, which are snapped to the forearms. The legs are similar- the overall effect is that it's like putting on a pair of oddly-shaped trousers and sleeves, which really eases the ability to put the armor on. If you use snaps or another sturdy attachment method, it's actually easier (in my opinion) to put on by yourself than the classic TK.  

Nearly everyone is using the ones from imperialgaskets@gmail.com, as the ones from ANOVOS are not accurate anyway and overly hard to work with.

You can get them in either fabric or latex. Some are even getting a pair of each.

• Like 1

Nearly everyone is using the ones from imperialgaskets@gmail.com, as the ones from ANOVOS are not accurate anyway and overly hard to work with.

You can get them in either fabric or latex. Some are even getting a pair of each.

I know and I'm already on the list. But the list is long and in the meantime I have to make the best of what I have at hand.

I'll try to connect them to the armor parts using snaps and see if that helps. 

Edited by Cody42

anovos gaskets are trash.

im on the list for fabric but she's got a long list.

just in case ive put the anovos ones together.  after multiple washes they are sticky and difficult to slide on your limbs.  I could suit up to the ab, then I had to have help to avoid breaking the yoke.  and then I was so restricted in movemnt they had to put on the chest and my helmet.  I felt like c3po trooper.  was ridiculous.

I have the legs as a pair of pants more or less and they go on well enough but the gaskets are too shart as Im 6 foot 1.  so i had to push he thighs down and hike the shins up.  I ended up putting my spats below the shins to help avoid the 'high wader" look even tough I know technically they should go over the shins.

the forarms and biceps are all connected with the elbow gaskets and the shoulder gaskets that I slide one (HA! with those sticky things its more like struggle on) and then clip together on a back strap and a front strap once on.

you have to put one sleeve on, then have a helper put the yoke over that one then over the other shoulder.  then they struggle push and pray to get the other arm in the gasket and then tuck it under the yoke and clip them together, then put on your chest, then your helmet.  does it work? sorta, but once i get the fabrics ill never go back to anovos.

the biggest concern is that fragile small opening yoke over those darn things.

i was able to get suited up but this arm bend was about my full range of motion no joke.  im seriously thinking of greasing the things on the inside and going with a sleeveless top shirt.

------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021