Trooperbay E11's

TKChance

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has purchased the Trooperbay "TFX-L2A3-Blaster Rifle" and if it would be acceptable for 501st approval.  I was originally planning on using the doopydoos conversion on the Disney blaster, but thought this might be an easy alternative.  I know it costs quite a pretty penny so I'm debating whether or not it's really worth it.  Thanks.

Here's the link if anyone wanted it:

https://trooperbay.com/tfx-l2a3-blaster-rifle.html

Welcome to the FISD! 

Looks to be possibly a Hyperfirm, is it? "rubber' with a very gold scope. That normally gives it away. If so, yes definitely. But also remember, weapons aren't required for base approval - only EIB and Centurion.

Might be a good way for us non-americans to get hyperfirms. Since it's not actual california law as some think that makes hyperfirm not sell outside the borders, it's just them being sick of dealing with people who had their blasters confiscated.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, privately owned firearms other than hunting are banned in the UK. Maybe they are under the mindset that since they aren't allowed to own Glocks, they all must own awesome E-11s and Bapty blasters

Edited by Airborne Trooper

No honest I've read it in several posts on the ukg . Mandatory for approval if the characters carry wepons in the film's. Also can't be deactivated, decommissioned only replica.

Edited by Mcott65

No honest I've read it in several posts on the ukg . Mandatory for approval if the characters carry wepons in the film's. Also can't be deactivated, decommissioned only replica.

That's odd since the Stormtrooper CRL states that the blaster is an optional accessory.

The ukg is just ...dumb. Every member needs to complain to the lmo and cog.

Oh, wait, this is the Garrison that led the revolt because the Disney agreement affected their private deals for free stuff. Allegedly.

Oh, wait, this is the Garrison that led the revolt because the Disney agreement affected their private deals for free stuff. Allegedly.

Care to elaborate?

Read their diatribe in the elections nonsense on the main forums. They were up in arms because they felt the new casting rules hurt their chances for preferred gigs. I gave up reading it after the election.

I find it quite sad that people feel the need to post derogatory comments about other garrisons, last time I checked we are all united under the same banner of the 501st.

Calling out a garrison as "dumb" is uncalled for and quite frankly offensive, especially when these comments come from a FISD attaché, and is not in the spirit of "troopers helping troopers".

I understand that the written word is easily misinterpreted but in this case I can see no other context in which to take your comments.

Guys you need to chill out. If the people of UK had an issue with having to get blasters for basic approval we would have heard of it.

So I take it everyone is fine with it. No need to get up in arms just because things are done differently in different garrisons. It's only natural to have different cultures in different parts of the world.

• Like 4

Mark your comments imply you have a personal grudge and to be honest are really quite rude. 

You seem to have your own agenda and despite the fact the recall was overwhelmingly supported by the general membership you seem to imply that the UKG did something wrong. By the way if you had read it more thoroughly you would know it was never about free stuff it was about the 501st being able to independently run troops and raise money for charity amongst many other things. Always important to get you facts straight buddy.

As CO of the UKG I was one of those that led the recall and put my name to it and I will happily defend my position and reasoning any time you care to, however I suggest you place that on the 501st forum not in a detachment or indeed in a PM. 

The UKG have always, even before membership of the 501st, had high standards and it is our opinion that you do not see a TK in the movie without a blaster therefore, local laws permitting, it makes sense that it should be a requirement. Thus far this has not been an issue with our members.

And in answering your question how is that UKG policy helping a trooper? It is helping them be more accurate, which is the thing we in the UKG strive for.

Mark please feel free to complain to whomever you wish my friend.

Mcott65 Mark- if you need any help or if you have any problems please feel free to drop me a line or ask any of our armourers buddy ;) Looking forward to trooping with you! Don't be put off by the above the FISD is a great and friendly place and full of great info and help. And as Mathias will confirm it owes a lot to members of the UKG, myself included, who for many years pushed the boundaries and helped raise the bar for all whilst educating and helping others so that become achievable for all those that wanted to reach those levels.

• Like 6

Indeed, FISD wouldn't be the same without the efforts of several hard working UKG members pushing the boundaries.

Did you know the "big brown box"-term was invented in the UK? :)

• Like 5

By the way if you had read it more thoroughly you would know it was never about free stuff it was about the 501st being able to independently run troops and raise money for charity amongst many other things. Always important to get you facts straight buddy.

We are not buddies. How rude.

Obviously you forget your post that your garrison attend many corporate functions and had special privileges like food and swag and that any new directives from a higher level authority jeopardized that.

As CO of the UKG I was one of those that led the recall and put my name to it and I will happily defend my position and reasoning any time you care to, however I suggest you place that on the 501st forum not in a detachment or indeed in a PM.

. Since you brought it up I don't recall you admitting that during the election proceedings at all. Nobody wanted to take credit.

The UKG have always, even before membership of the 501st, had high standards and it is our opinion that you do not see a TK in the movie without a blaster therefore, local laws permitting, it makes sense that it should be a requirement. Thus far this has not been an issue with our members.

But you agree its in violation of the 501st policy about crls and weapons.

Maybe that's why that other big UK costume group gets members and gigs...

Whatever. It was already asked that this line of discussion be relaxed so nothing more from me.

I was one of those charged with answering questions durung the recall Mark so what did I hide? I did not st it was about swag, please check you facts. Now as far as I am concerned you are baiting which is against the rules could a mod please address this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm kind of new here but not to forums.... This seems to me to be the wrong venue for this particular discussion. Seems to me that the 501st and its garrisons operate on a level not unlike the US government and then the states: laws can be stricter but not more lenient than that of the government. I personally don't see an issue if a garrison decides to make their basic approval regs stricter for the sake of accuracy. After all, isn't accuracy what the 501st strives for? Maybe I'm wrong in my observations but it just seems to be a little on the petty side to be bickering about who does what and for what reason. I'm here to build a great, accurate costume and troop and put smiles on faces of people I'll likely never see again. Isn't that the game here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8