Cod/Butt Snaps/Strap
IMG_4961_zpsjxmlymbn.jpg

Action Shot

EIB%20Action_zpsfdacyprw.jpg

Neck Seal
DSC_0040_zpsndocssaa.jpg

Thermal Detonator

IMG_4982_zpsgnc6jc24.jpgDSC_0041_zpsrb4codnn.jpg

Blaster (I know my blaster doesn't meet the EIB Specs, will upload correct pics once I have my new one)

DSC_0048_zpsb8sv1puh.jpg

DSC_0046_zps72eeu7eo.jpg

Edited by KaineT

Hi Desmond. I guess my question for you is about your belt. Maybe it is the way the photos are taken, but your belt looks tan/light brown. The belt is supposed to be white or off white. Also I'm not sure exactly how shims are viewed for EIB, but I believe they are supposed to sit flush with the ab and kidney. But of course I would have other members with more experience weigh in on these things. Good luck!

Good Luck Desmond.  Btw... what are those white patches on your shoulder bells?

Those are industrial strength velcro for my Garrison and Legion/Event Patches... I hope those won't be a problem, it's a real big hassle to remove them... :P If it's not allowed I'll retake the shots... :D

Hi Desmond. I guess my question for you is about your belt. Maybe it is the way the photos are taken, but your belt looks tan/light brown. The belt is supposed to be white or off white. Also I'm not sure exactly how shims are viewed for EIB, but I believe they are supposed to sit flush with the ab and kidney. But of course I would have other members with more experience weigh in on these things. Good luck!

My belt is meant to be off white... perhaps it's lighting or the contrast/brightness adjustment... Here's another shot without any adjustment, hope it's ok...

IMG_4985_zpsotszlzyq.jpg

As for the ab plate, I'd love to have them sit flush, that was how i built it but my big tummy makes it pull apart a little >.<

I believe the CRL states: Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.

So that will have to do... :)

Edited by KaineT

Those are industrial strength velcro for my Garrison and Legion/Event Patches... I hope those won't be a problem, it's a real big hassle to remove them... :P If it's not allowed I'll retake the shots... :D

My guess is, unfortunately, that the velcro being permanently attached to the shoulders will be a problem.. I've heard people generally use double-stick tape or regular, non-industrial strength velcro for patches.  It's also my understanding that patches affixed to armor are generally not allowed during canon events/formal troops, only non-canon events like Comic-Cons or Celebration when you're not officially trooping.    

starsaber25 mistook your white elastics you used for pulling together the Torso parts for shins.

The Trouble you might have is that they are supposed to be black, not White.

Also, the rivets are missing, but I don't know if it is mandatory for EIB ...

starsaber25 mistook your white elastics you used for pulling together the Torso parts for shins.

Yeah, having the "Interior Strapping" photo as per the checklist might have helped there. I assumed they were shims too... The DO's will need that, but as your blaster does not qualify you as you know (without mods), they possible won't worry about it anyway.

If they do follow through with an assessment, it will be interesting to see their take on rounded belt corners. Never see that before. (waiting for a flood of pics now :))

I agree with Jason that the Velcro on the shoulder bells will more than likely need to be removed for EIB certification.  The rivets and 45 degree cuts are only required for Centurion, though

The Trouble you might have is that they are supposed to be black, not White.

Also, the rivets are missing, but I don't know if it is mandatory for EIB ...

Yup I absolutely mistook them.  I agree with you.  If they aren't shims then they should be black.  When I was looking at the photos I was thinking to myself that the gap wasn't too much more than 1/2" and he should just take it out.  

I also guess I should look around at some photos more because I have not seen velcro pulling together the interior before.  Guess thats why I didn't think of it. 

Good call, Scott.  To remove the existing snap, you could use a drill with a metal cutting (Titanium or carbide) bit and drill out the center, but you would have be VERY careful doing this so as not to split or crack the ABS, then pry the rest off from the inside with a pair of needle-nose pliers (from the inside, to prevent scratches on the outside) ...  Probably best to actually attach a snap to a spare piece of ABS and practice on that first.  The only problem is that the hole may then be too large for a normal split rivet, but hopefully not.

• Like 1

In addition to what my comrades have noted, the back plate overlaps the kidney quite a bit. Looking at the closeups of your shoulders I can see that you will be able to shorten up the strapping between the chest and back which will bring the back armor up higher. 

It also looks like there's a bit of a gap between the end caps on the TD and the clips. Kinda hard to tell with the posted pics.

Good luck!

The backplate is off here. Is it connected to the kidney?

Either way, it's overlapping quite a bit here.

Could be fixed by shortening chest - back connection.. Can't see a clear shot of what's going on there.

The backplate is off here. Is it connected to the kidney?

Either way, it's overlapping quite a bit here.

Could be fixed by shortening chest - back connection.. Can't see a clear shot of what's going on there.

LOL, isn't that exactly what I said?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, sorry I haven't responded, computer crashed needed to format, plus my strapping system wore out after my last troop so I'm replacing it right now, I'll post all the new and required pictures soon.

Also I'm not thinking of centurion, I don't think my maker's armour is on the list of approved centurion armours, unless my info is out dated.

Thanks everyone for your advice so far!! :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

yo Des...what took you so long?  :) ...at last another applicant from Singapore  :duim:

good luck with the application bro

Also I'm not thinking of centurion, I don't think my maker's armour is on the list of approved centurion armours, unless my info is out dated.

whyyyyy?  :mellow: