ATA OR The shed of glittering delights?

Hi, I am on the waiting list for stormtrooper armor from ATA, but i have came across the shed of glittering delights (Andy) and he does a derived TE armor it seems. Looks good sells it assembled and a little cheaper for me living in the UK. Anyone know what the better buy is in terms of experience with both sets of armor? Opinions? (At present i have rookie FX armor and a ATA helmet).... Thank you :) 

post-22541-0-88165700-1445856761_thumb.jpg

Wow, that's the very, very first time i ever heard of this maker.

Looking at the pictures you've posted the armor looks far more accurate than ATA. Chest plate, thighs, forearms, shoulder bells... everything is better. Which of course leads me to wonder that constant same question: recaster?

Doh - and here I was about to post: "actually, they look better than original TE or ATA".   :)

Regardless of what he recast (some type of TE-derived suit - maybe Terrell, Paul, etc. with better eyes for tells can say for sure) - it's certainly pimped out. Actually those thighs look a little TM-ish, no?

Yes, the whole armor looks very RS-TM -ish. Very screen-accurate in other words. Maybe he has made the alterations himself starting from a TE suit, i don't know. But, Simon, this armor feels quite better than ATA. Do you know which material and thickness is used for the vacuum-forming?

Yes, i guess it would not matter that much for a sandtrooper if the ABS is not shiny.

And please once you received it, feel free to open a thread here. I'm very curious about this armor and I'm sure some others are too.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2014 at 11:06 PM, Billhag said:

BFA armour and helmets derives from CAP with all permissions granted by Chris years ago.

(Which seems to be acceptable for other recommended and recognised Armour makers).

Good, comparable quality with other TE derived armour (and in some instances better) such as ATA, MTK, T/MC, AP, SDS, etc.

Good, Low / Mid-Range price point and as maintained a great reputation for customer service throughout all the years of producing this armour and other well established costume parts.

----------------

I hope this helps :)

Bas

Great start matey, take it nice and slow, and keep up the good work :)

Some info also here :- http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29542-bfa-lid-wip/#entry376849

:)

BFA armour and helmets derives from CAP with all permissions granted by Chris years ago.

(Which seems to be acceptable for other recommended and recognised Armour makers).

Good, comparable quality with other TE derived armour (and in some instances better) such as ATA, MTK, T/MC, AP, SDS, etc.

Good, Low / Mid-Range price point and as maintained a great reputation for customer service throughout all the years of producing this armour and other well established costume parts.

I hope this helps :)

Bas

Great start matey, take it nice and slow, and keep up the good work :)

:)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I've got a Hips Tie kit from The Shed I'm currently building.  Andy is great actually, his service is brilliant and he's always been quick to answer when I've needed to know something (though to be honest the Shed gang on Facebook are great at help and advice in general).

It's a good pull and I'm really pleased with it.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Just on that note my armour is from Andy also, and he built it for me years ago, I've only just got round to doing some mods to fit it to me etc to get cleared. But I love it have to say Andy kept me in the loop with his build progress as well so knew how it was going.

can see my build thread on UKG forum as to what I've done so far if you wanted to that is.

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=56411