Where are the build threads?

zeroskillz

Yes, I'm still wondering about that too. It feels even more questionable when you know that you can have access to almost hundreds of pictures of the ANOVOS kit in the photo reference gallerie. So I don't know what they are protecting.

Because an NDA is signed when you buy it and these are marketing kit prices not retail kits so not public. If you are a 501st member this shouldn't be a problem. If you aren't and you buy a retail kit again it won't matter because there will be threads for retail kits. If you want 501st access get a imperial crewman costume and join. Cheapest way.

Actually that's partially correct.  We are giving owners the choice to post publicly or not.  For instance if you buy a TFA kit from someone second hand, you can post whatever you want anywhere as there is no NDA.

My NDA - and those that got suits before C7 - only covered through C7 for instance - it's all public now - I could post pix of my build thread.  However, we are sensitive that some folks may be concerned, and thus are leaving it up to them.

• Like 2

Ah...hopefully we'll see some public build threads soon, especially with all the fan made kits hitting the market.

I should have my kit in a about a month (non-anovos) :)

With a little luck I'll have it done for the premiere.

Or I'll make a mess of it and keep it secret  :P

...and these are marketing kit prices not retail kits so not public...

Oh I wouldn't expect anyone to share what they paid. 

I would like to post pictures of the second wave TFA build I am working on, but it is not my armor. I can say that the second wave was quite a bit different from the first. It looks like some of their molds were reworked. This made some parts difficult to match up to the parts from the original. It also looks like they recast their stuff in order to have molds to rework, which makes parts a bit smaller, making them even harder to line up with originals. The first wave kit was definitely an easier build.

If you have any questions about specific parts, post them in this forum. It will pick up!

• Like 1