So who here wears their armor like, every halloween?

gunner

you wear your armor for trick or treating or for partying?

I'd fear that some drunken idiot would destroy or at least damage my armor at a Party.

So for me, armor is strictly not for parties.

• Like 1

One Halloween I wore my Clonetrooper armor around my neighborhood and went trick or treating with my nephew who dressed as Boba Fett. Previous to that I wore my TX armor to a party. That was my pre 501st days.

I have heard of TK's being attacked at bars, and even had their armor damaged.

not my idea of a treat.

Some large drunk men act like you're wearing football gear and slap you so hard it breaks stuff.

I know one trooper who was sucker punched in the helmet.  Not a pretty sight.

Now for a children's party during the day, you'd better bring the toys!

daytime parade.  I have trooped solo on one holiday in 7 years.  (football, stuff... cops asking about the 'gun' things like that)

This will be my first Halloween w a TK. I plan to bring it to work the Friday before to wear it around the office that afternoon and also hand out candy Halloween night with it.

• Like 1

Work will be my first venture out.  But for the party we are attending I will be Batman.  Also a costume I spent $$$$ on.  I would however consider wearing it to a private party.  I am an adult now and I would assume that the parties I go to would be a bunch of old fogies like myself and I would not be in any danger.

I'm hoping to have my TK complete to wear for Halloween, at least for a while to test it out.  I think my Tusken will be a little scarier for opening the door and handing out candy.  Or, I might just be a statue sitting on the front porch, until they get close enough to me... 

This Sunday will be my church's Trunk-Or-Treat and my TK won't be finished in time.  It may be wearable, but not fitted or have any paint on the bucket.  So, I plan to have all my TK pieces displayed in the trunk of my Land Speeder (SUV) and wear my Tusken costume, showing off the 'TK Prize' and the 'Trophy Bucket' from the highly successful Tusken ambush on some Stormtroopers visiting Tatooine.

This will be my first Halloween w a TK. I plan to bring it to work the Friday before to wear it around the office that afternoon and also hand out candy Halloween night with it.

This is exactly what I plan on doing, too. Plus, there's a costume contest at work and at a friend's Halloween party on Saturday.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to wear my TK again, but I've been advised that I "really, really, should not do so" because last year it was such a distraction for all of the adults in the neighborhood, and took away from the boy's experience.<br><br>

Not sure what is happening this year really, as a result of that conversation.

I would LOVE to wear my TK again, but I've been advised that I "really, really, should not do so" because last year it was such a distraction for all of the adults in the neighborhood, and took away from the boy's experience.<br><br>

Not sure what is happening this year really, as a result of that conversation.

Wow.

I'm speechless at who ever told you that.

I've never had the experience that it took away from someone elses experience, it just added to it.

Well, I guess I know what Tim is talking about.

I had my first troop last Sunday.

It was at a small local Star wars Exhibition, mainly for children.

I took my daughters with me (13 and 14), both in full padawan garb.

Turned out, I was the only TK there, together with a royal guard and a splendid Vader.

It took us around two hours to get inside the Exhibition (it was not crowded) because Vader and I were glued to the spot while posing for Pictures.

It was extremely enjoyable for me, but what was planned as a Father/daughter afternoon, turned out to be something unexpected.

So, to come back to what Tim said, me showing off my TK took away most of the fun for my daughters.

I didn't Need my wife to tell me off.

Won't happen again ...

• Like 2

This /\ /\ /\ /\   

Great advice.  Learned the hard way walking around a couple of con's with the family.  They are not happy when you spend you entire time getting stopped for pics while you are supposed to be walking around together shopping!  I change now when the fam arrives and hold the cameras and phones.  

• Like 1

Hahaha...

Simple fact of the matter is that it was my wife.

The problem was that whenever our son went to the house to trick or treat, the majority of the adults at the house wanted to come down to the sidewalk for pictures, and so my presence sort of took away from his experience.

However, I think that he had a great time just the same. LoL

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to be putting my armor to good use this year. We have a Trunk or Treat event on Thursday, our work party on Friday, then passing out candy on Saturday. I plan to do all of it in my TK armor but I'm pretty sure ill be burned out by Sunday :)

I'm hoping my TK will be finished so I can wear it open the door for Trick-Or-Treaters.  Still have strapping, calfs, boots and painting the bucket.

My church had its Trunk Or Treat on Sunday and I was able to show off the progress of my TK, in sort of a trophy display.  I know the bucket needs more paint!!!  I had several people want to check the armor out and get more info on the 501st.  So, this was  a success.
Puf67WV.jpg

Next year, the Tusken will be the trophy on display!!!

Edited by wingnut65
  • Like 6