20151020_181403_zpsserkgdqe.jpg

20151020_181527_zps9lrkdvqe.jpg

20151020_182156_zpspqddggyb.jpg

20151020_182246_zps4aya0udd.jpg

20151020_182259_zpsvq2yroap.jpg

20151020_182310_zps2x5bbco8.jpg

20151020_182355_zpsjyvhrvm8.jpg

Edited by Mordsith

Really nice job, Justin, and great job on the painting!  You may want to post close-up pics of your bucket, (front, sides, back), and include one that shows the color of your lenses.  Looks like you are shooting for Centurion, so I would also paint the rivets on your thigh ammo pack white. 

20151020_180531_zpsc3o3idf7ammo_zps7x5ib

• Like 1

Looks like an easy EIB. 

Don't forget a photo of the color of your helmet lenses too. 

For Centurion you may need to glue your shoulder bridges to your chest. They look either raised up a bit or velcro'd down. That's up to the DO dudes of course.

Nice job trooper. 

-Eric

Looks like a really nice build, good job.

One thing I notice is that in the pic that shows the close up of your holster attachment, I see that the rivets on the ab/kidney connection don't line up. The rivet on the kidney is almost in the center of two rivets on the ab. It might be the way you're standing, but for Centurion you'd need to submit a pic of that side in detail.

Good luck!

First the missing helmet shots

10230_zpsqnzxvtlq.jpeg

10237_zpsyb79zomu.jpeg

10233_zpseulpy3pt.jpeg

10239_zpsoricbhoq.jpeg

The belt and holster

20151020_182654_zpsg9fwxwho.jpg

cod and butt plate

20151020_182612_zpsv3yrudj2.jpg

Inside armor ab and kidney

20151020_182530%201_zpspubbaw6x.jpg

20151020_182517%201_zpsromuozli.jpg

thermal det

20151020_182453%201_zpspqbmguex.jpg

Shoulder bell, bicep and forearm connection

20151020_182355_zpsjyvhrvm8.jpg

Fixed the ammo knee

10225_zps4jkr4pqb.jpeg

10221_zps7ag9qjdp.jpeg

If you need more let me know.

Your'e almost there, Justin!  I think Tony or Andrew may address this in the "Centurion suggestions" part, but I thought you might want a heads-up..

How wide is your thermal detonator?  The caps look like they may have to be trimmed to meet the maximum 7 1/4 to 71/2 inch width, (it may just be my failing eyesight, though)..

Also, you will need to have the outside of your drop boxes lined up with the edge of your ammo belt.  You may just need a safety pin or something similar to keep em' in place.

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but damned fine job on that scratch built E-11!!

Edited by justjoseph63

Hi Justin, welcome to your EIB review, and thank you for applying, time to get stuck into it.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

Unfortunately there are still a picture missing which is required to complete the approval process.

Both left and right side detail  arms raised, and a photo that shows your green lenses. Thank you for posting the pictures as suggested by your fellow troopers. 

All other submission photos are present. you are only a few photos away from your EIB badge.

Hi Justin Please post a photo of your helmet so we can see the green lens clearly, maybe shine a torch behind them as many do

Thank you.

Hi Justin, welcome back to your EIB review, and thank you for applying, now it really is time to get stuck into it.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required photos have been posted. Your armor contains all the necessary elements to qualify for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry.

Thank you for posting the pictures as suggested by your fellow troopers.

Armor Fit/Assembly:
This section is reserved for the observations of Ukswrath, myself and your fellow troopers. Suggestions to change certain things may also come up. If any of these changes would be required, they will be noted in the Centurion section below.

You have certainly shown us a beautiful build, great work, you should be proud. There are only a few of minor things that need a tweak to get you looking the best you can be. We noticed that your belt looked to be loose causing it to sit a bit low in the front and possibly causing the side of your Ab and kidney plates to slip vertically out of alignment, but when you posted the missing arm up images, it appears to be fine.

The ammo belt canvas looks a little long for you, if it could be trimmed down in length, that would just tidy up the look from the back. (not a deal breaker)

We have a question regarding your shoulder bridge attachment to the chest plate. They appear to be Velcro-ed down, or are spaced up off the chest plate, if they are glued, the sections that are not touching will need to be glued down as Darth Aloha has suggested.

Centurion Suggestions:
It is quite obvious in the detail and quality of your build that Centurion is the goal.
Make sure your drop boxes are aligned at the end of your ammo belt, currently they sit in from the ends, if they move around it might pay to add some Velcro between their straps and the canvas belt to prevent this.

Correct Drop box alignment for centurion level

awesome%20belt_zpso21pqdi6.jpg

Shoulder Bridges to chest attachment:

Finish gluing the shoulder bridges to the chest. This is a tricky one to determine as we are not sure currently how you have them attached. They should be sitting flat and not raised as they are,  I have every confidence that you can fixed this easily.

Thermal Detonator:

It does appear that some measurements on your Thermal det may be out, changing the overall proportions. I have provided the image below as a guide for you to check against,

Things of note: End caps should be approximately 19mm wide and overall length of Det, approx 184mm.

Once you modify the end caps you will need to reposition the belt clips, so they are almost, if not touching the end caps again.

0Vqh35gZ6dyPS6v5UYO7_HjRIQx-YEOM8AEroAbX

Paint detail on ears:

First off, great job on the painted details of your helmet. I would recommend that you thin out the black outline on the ears though, as it is quite thick compared to the other outlines on the traps and tears. This will be a nice touch up on an already beautiful set of armor. :duim:

Excess paint can be removed with a toothpick dipped in turpentine, and scrapped toward the painted area. Handy tip for cleaning up paint bleed as well.

I must compliment you on a very well constructed armor, attend to the above suggestions and I see a Centurion in the near future.

Once again, Congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to grade and critique my build! I am going to start working right away on making the final adjustments for Centurion. I will try to get some better pics posted of the shoulders showing that they are in fact glued and not velcro'd. 

Should have some updates soon!

Shoulder straps glued

10421_zpsq2y0hsoh.jpeg

10428_zps9qhtpf5z.jpeg

10424_zps0jeexlyg.jpeg

Cheers to all!

10447_zps75751o0q.jpeg

Edited by Mordsith