Gazmosis Retiring - Please stand by on EIB/Centurion Approvals

Darth Aloha

Steve, my thanks to you for all the help you have provided behind the scenes with my blaster build. Your comments on all the EIB and Centurion applications gave me faith that I could take the journey. Well earned retirement; your mark here in the detachment will last a lifetime

• Like 1

Bittersweet.

I always looked forward to reading your professional and detailed armor reviews.

I can't even begin to express how much I've learned from your myriad postings.

Your knowledge and the way you presented it will be sorely missed.

On the other hand, you have clearly earned your retirement, with honors.

To paraphrase a famous AC/DC lyric, "For those about to troop, we salute you!"

Enjoy your retirement and please stay in touch!!!

• Like 1

I haven't been around these forums much lately so I'm sad to see that when I just happened to drop by, that I saw this.  Steve, you did a great job on the EIB and Centurion approvals.  Great attitute, great knowledge.

Sorry to hear Steve, well done on the awesome work and guidance you have given to so many, you will be missed in the role

We stand together to salute an absolute gentleman, craftsman, wordsmith and brother. Thank you Steve for your dedication and support to the FISD over many years. You will be missed by everyone in a role you truly made your own.

Happy retirement and well deserved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've been an extremely valuable and dedicated asset to FISD Gaz! You've helped so many troopers and I hope you know how appreciated you are!

The new DOs have some awesome shoes to fill. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz, your input on my kit was invaluable.  Your kind, constructive and critical yet encouraging words, definitely made me look better than I would have without you. I'd have left "well enough alone", but you made me want to do better. Thank you so much for doing what you did for so long, and for inspiring others to do the same.  The legacy you leave will be paid forward, and only build momentum over time.  Thank you for being that constructive force.

• Like 1

Steve, thank you for all the advice and assistance you gave me to help me achieve EIB and Centurion.

We all look our best thanks to your keen eye for detail and advice to help us improve.

You were sick as a dog when I met you in Anaheim, I still owe you a beer.   :pint1:

Thanks, Steve for all your hard work, dedication and guidance you have given to the Detachment.  :duim:

As a noobie, I have a notebook sitting next to me as I surf to take notes.  Most of them I have noted as coming from The Gospel According To Gaz!  Those words of wisdom and expertise will be here for many more noobies to learn the path to a TK! :tkbig:

Good luck and keep having fun!  You will be missed!  :salute:

Steve, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. I wouldn't have my badges without your guidance and help with my armor. You've also shown what it means by saying "troopers helping troopers." 

You've earned this retirement, but don't think you won't be hearing from me just as often!

:smiley-sw013:  :salute:

My fellow troopers:

It brings heavy emotion to my heart to read the warm wishes and good thoughts from all of you. It has truly been my honor and privilege to be the guy who got to view all these incredible works of passion, dedication and art. It was both a challenge and a responsibility to look over each of these knowing the attention to detail and the effort that went into the final product. You guys and girls have made this detachment the greatest in the Legion both in costume appearance and in its brotherhood. It was an honor to work with so many of you incredible troopers which is why saying goodbye to this position made my heart hurt as bad as it does. Every armor application that comes in deserves the attention that you have put into building it. This is something that life has decided I can no longer do. 

These things happen, but I won't be gone forever. You just can't take something that was pretty much part of your daily life and just sweep it under the rug. The FISD and every trooper in it, will forever be a part of my life. Your new DO's will be fantastic I am certain of that.

Thanks to my boss and friend, Eric Brager for all his support as well as the other staff members for their support in enduring my questions. But most of all, thanks to all of you troopers. Pass on what you have learned. Our future TKs depend on the best damn members in the Legion. YOU are it.

My bucket is off in honor of you all. Thank you.

Steve "Gazmosis" Gaza

TK4034  

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply....its surely sad to see you go Steve! It has been an absolute pleasure meeting you here on FISD! Thank you for all you have done for us!

• 3 months later...

I'm late to the announcement.   But wanted to thank Steve for his awesomeness and kind attention to the DO program.     

I'm sure we'll message you from time to time for your wisdom!   

:smiley-sw013: