Captain Phasma CRL

darthmilk

Hello! I am currently building a phasma and plan on converting my TFA Stormtrooper.

Is it possible to start the CRL writing up the CRL for phasma.

Here is what would need to be written differently compared to the TFA TK

Helmet

Cape

Handguard plate 

Droid fingers

Cod Piece

Shin Cover

Suede Chelsea Leather Boots

Leather Gloves in black

Boot plates

Usually a CRL will be written after an application for a new character has been approved by the LMO. You could contact your Garrison's GML and have him contact the LMO and enquire.

Additionally, at this point in time, I have not seen any discussion as to which Detachment will own CPT Phasma. With so few references, that costume will probably need to follow the more standardized process that Q described above.

Usually a CRL will be written after an application for a new character has been approved by the LMO. You could contact your Garrison's GML and have him contact the LMO and enquire.

My GML said that I would have to contact FISD and see if I can get the CRL done for it.

Additionally, at this point in time, I have not seen any discussion as to which Detachment will own CPT Phasma. With so few references, that costume will probably need to follow the more standardized process that Q described above.

There are a ton of magazine, figures and reference photos from D23

Generally speaking, screen captures are the preferred source for CRL references. Screen - used armor(s) is always going to be preferred over other sources for on-screen characters as opposed to drawings, paintings, and figures.

As for D23, I'm not personally aware of what was on display there.

If you've got viable source photos in support of the CRL development, then post them here so that the work might be able to get started.

As mentioned earlier though, I haven't seen for certain that the FISD will own the CRL, though strong arguments could likely be made for it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

As mentioned earlier though, I haven't seen for certain that the FISD will own the CRL, though strong arguments could likely be made for it.

Right, for all we know, she could have force powers, or be a double agent, or a non-human or droid of some kind...I can think of a few scenarios where FISD doesn't get Phasma.

One could even make the case that First Order as a whole is not Imperial, and it could even result in a new 501st detachment entirely...

Might have to wait till we have a movie under our belts.

Edited by Astyanax

On 10/17/2015 at 7:47 AM, Dark CMF said:

As for D23, I'm not personally aware of what was on display there.

Here's for you:

http://collider.com/star-wars-7-captain-phasma-costume-details-images/

star-wars-the-force-awakens-captain-phas

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Typically, from my experience, you build it first just like the screen images, then write up the CRL after.

True. But it couldn't hurt putting some words to paper to start the process. Even if FISD ends up not being responsible for this CRL I doubt the work would go to waste.

So please have a go at writing a draft CRL if you please.... Based on what we know now without a costume built.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Furthermore to Eric's point I have seen quite a few New-to-the-Legion costumes push through not just because a costume was executed well but also because a CRL was presented along with it with the support of a detachment leader to the LMO.  I say get working on it.  It's the best fundamental way for troopers to help troopers.

Hello! Ive got 6 Legion 1sts between the Legions. Yes, you make the costume. Submit it and then the CRL is written up. In fact for one of my 501 costumes the CRL still isnt up and it was cleared 8 months+ ago.

Happy building!!

I always do indepth WIPS (with Tutorials) and make sure that everyone sees it and is able to comment. then when i submit i always send the link to my GML to let them know i have a WIP and to view it.

Hope this helps!!

Edited by Phasma

Hello! Ive got 6 Legion 1sts between the Legions. Yes, you make the costume. Submit it and then the CRL is written up. In fact for one of my 501 costumes the CRL still isnt up and it was cleared 8 months+ ago.

Happy building!!

I always do indepth WIPS (with Tutorials) and make sure that everyone sees it and is able to comment. then when i submit i always send the link to my GML to let them know i have a WIP and to view it.

Hope this helps!!

Hey Dawn... It's really good to see you over here. In case you haven't seen it, Dawn has a BADASS! 100% scratch made Kylo Ren. 

SXfYf3Q.jpg

It's true that an actual costume needs to come before approval and the CRL doesn't usually come until the first approval (except in the case of the TFA TK where we had lots of costumes to write a CRL for before anyone was approved)

BUT! having a 80% CRL solution for the LMO to review after that first approval is what we're hoping for... even if Phasma goes to another detachment. Over on SLD the Kylo Ren CRL discussion is a great example of CRL development before an approval. Even more so is the Concept Vader CRL thread which is more theoretical until someone makes a reasonable version of it. 

-Eric

Hello! I am currently building a phasma and plan on converting my TFA Stormtrooper.

Is it possible to start the CRL writing up the CRL for phasma.

Here is what would need to be written differently compared to the TFA TK

Helmet

Cape

Handguard plate 

Droid fingers

Cod Piece

Shin Cover

Suede Chelsea Leather Boots

Leather Gloves in black

Boot plates

The knees seem to be upside-down compared to the TFA TK. Check the D23 and Vanity Fair photos and compare them to the TFA TK's knees. 

• 3 weeks later...

The knees seem to be upside-down compared to the TFA TK. Check the D23 and Vanity Fair photos and compare them to the TFA TK's knees.

To add to this, the Sideshow toy just announced has them inverted too which makes me think the source material provided by Lucasfilm depicted them that way.

I would think the screen shots and movie would be considered most canon, no?

Absolutely. I've been scouring photos from two people from D23, as well as the Vanity Fair and other photos/screen grabs, and boy oh boy.

There are some issues with the mannequin version at D23. Some of it really leads me to believe parts of the screen used suit were replaced for this, or modified, or had broken and been repaired (shoddily). So for some of that I'm going to assume the problems weren't on screen or that the shape or texture of the armor is what the TK would have. Her right chest, for ex., has warping on either the plastic or the chroming, it is not a trick of the light, it's pretty clear bubbles. And the shim under her chest, my hubby thinks that might be part of the stand, or part of a suit under it. Her arms are too long, and her cape has been readjusted between the two photo sets (two different days) which made me make some bad assumptions about the cape and the Vanity Fair photo is what made up my mind which way to go.

I really hope she is just a bad-an impolite person TK captain and not some kind of invisibility Spec Ops type character, though honestly, if it comes down to a FO detachment, that's fine too. MY HEART IS ALWAYS AT FISD! :D

As I create or modify each part of the suit (in my "draft versions") I am crafting verbage to perhaps submit for the CRL. Perhaps I should include this in my so-called build thread (more like my slave Leia & moan thread) as well. It's hard to describe some shapes like the hand plates in words. The photos are going to be worth a thousand words.

That said, I'm totally happy to be working WITH others on this, or collecting CRL descriptions from others and consolidating, or just giving mine to someone else! :) This is not an ego project, it's an endurance project. So far it's wood chipper 2, Ingrid 1.

it would be the best to make de CRL after someone have make the armor? i think this can be the best way to do it and solve the problems. in the vanity fair pictures and the set photos there is a lot of modified and broken part due to the size of the actress.