Which bucket

I have some general questions about buckets that I could not find a definitive answer on.

I had my heart set on a TE2, but since he is on indefinite hiatus, I figured I would "move along".

I want a accurate helmet and am considering either AP or RT-MOD.

However, I am 5'7 (and 140) and read somewhere that the RT had been scaled up. Now I don't want to look like a bobble head.

Are both helmets pretty accurate and decently sized?

Thanks

Im not too sure about the RT, i *think* it is a fan sculpt with a TE derivative faceplate, someone will say for sure. I spose it will depend on which version you get.. Size wise i dont know i have never seen 1 in person.

I have an AP and they are made from 2nd or 3rd gen moulds (?) from TE as most accurate looking helmets are and they are fairly small. Some people (me included) have to trim the neck hole quite a bit just to get them on.

Take in consideration that trimming and esembly has a lot to do with how the helmet will look and fit and there are other helmets out there to suit bigger headed guys.....

Maybe meet up with some local garrison mates and see what they have and try them on?

I think it's mostly what your personal aesthetic is - everyone has their own and you should stick to what you feel you like best.

For "accurate" there are two types:

1) What is most accurate to what was used in the movies

2) What is most accurate to what an idealized helmet should be

AP is more #1 as it can trace it's lineage to screen used buckets at some point. It is asymmetrical and has some things like the eye bump that wouldn't be there in an idealized helmet.

RT went down the path of #2. It's symmetrical and doesn't have the same "defects".

My $02 - I like the AP best after TE2, and at times as much as TE2 and it's my #1 pick for an ABS lid. Personally I like the details of AP better than RT too, such as the ears.

Let the popcorn pop and the opinions flow!

Thanks Paul and Mark. That was just what I was looking for! I don't have that eye for detail yet.

Unfortunately the only garrison member down where I'm at is a Fett so no shiny white armor (YET!)

Looking forward to more opinions!

I am working baby steps, so right now I am just looking at helmets, but opinions on other makers are also welcome.

I am going for screen accurate and also shooting for elite right outta the gate

Guest TK-2416

This is going to be interesting reading - I am also looking for a great helmet and would love to hear from the experts! Has a poll ever been made for this topic? The best overall helmet.. Sorry if I crossed any border..

No border crossed. In the end it comes down to there being no single one best helmet as people have different criteria for their selection, and weigh each criteria differently.

These kinds are polls though are great though for seeing trends year after year :)

ok keep im mind this is my opinion. i never liked the asymmetrical aspect of the accurate helmets even though they looked so darn good. ap helmet looks amazing and in my opinion is way better than te2. so for me the logical choice was the mr ce helmet. after modding this helmet the shape of it is very close to the ap (in my opinion) with still being symmetrical . so for me the mr ce was cheap, fixed movie problems, and had the advantages of both ap and gf (slightly more symmetrical and rounded). so i substituted a little accuracy for so much more. feel free to correct any mistakes i may have made i want to see what every one else thinks. honestly compare them. they look the same even if the mr ce isnt as smooth for the price they are close enough.

The one issue I have with the MR CE helmet is the look of the frown. It appears smaller and narrower than most other helmets and for some reason I don't like it as much. That's just a personal observation, though - in all other respects a modded MR CE looks very nice. Personally I like AP & TE2 the best (own both), and for down-and-out durability the AP comes out on top for me.

I would definitely go AP. I <3 my GF Armor and its practically the same thing. When I was tearing out the old webbing, I got fairly rough with it and the ABS came out unscathed. But I think TE2 buckets are champ.