Move Along Helmet

....The grey seemed rather thin and watery today maybe it was the high heat i dont know.....

That's a thing I don't like on the humbrol paints also. They are very thin and not caused by the heat. If painting the details two times because it doesn't cover well wait at least 4 hours. Otherwise the paint tears up. I saw it on a helmet recently so it might be worth to mention.

Marcus

....The grey seemed rather thin and watery today maybe it was the high heat i dont know.....

That's a thing I don't like on the humbrol paints also. They are very thin and not caused by the heat. If painting the details two times because it doesn't cover well wait at least 4 hours. Otherwise the paint tears up. I saw it on a helmet recently so it might be worth to mention.

Marcus

It is looking very nice but I agree with Marcus on this. Maybe is better if you put the helmet away for a week and let the white paint to cure.

Cheers

A

Ok i had a better day with the paint today and got things pretty much wrapped up. I re-did the grey traps this morning and then this afternoon i put on the black out lines. Earlier today i painted the mesh on the hovi mic tips black as can be seen in the pics of the real move along helmet courtesy of jez at starwarshelmets dot com. Whether this was post or pre production is anyones guess, but its what i ran with.

They were then inserted as wonkily as i could manage and on with the tube stripes. I must admit i wish i was man enough to try these free hand with paint and a brush but im not to trooper decals will do for now...

Getting the rubber brow trim on was a real hard job as since i re-positioned the back and cap this has become quite tight. The neck trim was quite easy which im glad about.

So here we are, not quite a perfect replica and im not quite finished either, but this is my version of the move along trooper lid :D

TEHDPE064.jpg

TEHDPE065.jpg

TEHDPE066.jpg

TEHDPE067.jpg

TEHDPE068.jpg

TEHDPE059.jpg

Looks impressive as it is Mark.

I have the same problem on my AP "Stop That Ship" TD bucket, as people have commented on how shiny it is, but am reluctant to get it dirty :rolleyes: (Don't let anyone from the MEPD hear me talking like this) ;)

I figuered i would keep the weathering down as the real helmet must have been treated with kid gloves as it has only the slightest paint missing, pics courtesy of Jez at sw helmets dot com ;)

ma01.jpg

Copyofmovealongsideside1.jpg

You did a super job putting that helmet togeather! The only question I have concerns the left ear piece. It looks thin and has a big gap between the helmet and ear? Did you ask Matt if that was normal?

J

You did a super job putting that helmet togeather! The only question I have concerns the left ear piece. It looks thin and has a big gap between the helmet and ear? Did you ask Matt if that was normal?

J

I think that ear has just been slightly over trimmed when the helmet was put together. I dont let it bother me :P

Oh well, your helmet looks great all the same.

I think that ear has just been slightly over trimmed when the helmet was put together. I dont let it bother me :P

• 4 months later...

Thanks Jez :duim:

And i have actually removed the ears on this lid now as its just for display so that it look more like the screen used helmet :o

ps pictures taken using my mobile so they are a bit on the small side and ive chiped the paint more...

Image062.jpg

Image064.jpg

Image063.jpg

Image065.jpg

Courtesy of Jez

ma15.jpg