Comfys ATA ANH Stunt - First Build!

It won't be a 'pity pass' mate, you've worked hard on this and it looks really good, you should be proud of your efforts.<br>

I have my thighs connected to snaps just inside the ab plate, it's a little awkward to put on, but it works fine.<br>

Good luck!

if you dont mind could you post how you have yours connected? it would help me get a idea, also would you do a strap on the front and back of the thighs or just the front?

Sure here you go as I said it makes it a little awkward getting boots and shins on because the thighs aren't held up by anything until the body is on, but it works well.

IMG_5564_zpsnxn1p6kl.jpg

EDIT: sorry for the out of focus photo!

Edited by Scotty33

You could also take an old belt (or make one with a clip and some webbing) and hang your thighs off of it. It will take some load/stress off the rest of your armor. Looking Good Trooper! :duim:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, Adam!

Look at the Ongoing Sales threads for rivets. Joseph is selling them, not sure if anyone else is.

Edited by Sentry71

• 4 weeks later...

Going to attempt to still use this thread before opening a new thread, i'm preparing to move on to my next 501st costume, probably a Biker Scout. Yet i cant help but feel the need to refine and perfect my TK before moving on. one of my biggest issues with my own armor i see is everything seems very jagged due to my poor cutting skills. i'm also debating cutting a half inch or inch off the wrist guards and might want to look into ordereing another chest plate to see if i could salvage the return edge, think i rushed to fast on that cut.

20151221_162152_zpsilbwr3t7.jpg

besides the side split rivets(anyone selling those yet!?) any other big issues anyone see i can work on to eventually reach Centurion if possible?

• Like 1

Hey Adam, you could smooth out your cuts with a sanding block or sandpaper taped to a table and/or a wood block. Too bad about your chest return edge. You could try to make a new return edge with the use of a heat iron (found at hobby shops). A heat gun or hot water bath may not be appropriate for such a large piece of ABS. Ordering a new one is a safe bet too, and then you could practice your cutting, sanding, heating on your existing chest piece. Good Luck!