Comfys ATA ANH Stunt - First Build!

Finally got my clips yesterday, got them drilled in and sent the Application out, heres some Pics i just took to get ready for the GML

Front:

20151221_162130_zpsnpav2jsf.jpg

Right:

20151221_162135_zpswsvaxihr.jpg

Left:

20151221_162152_zps0n0pndh1.jpg

Back:

20151221_162142_zpsrx3rznxf.jpg

unfortunately my Sister didnt notice my about my back right leg, it closes but i suited up by myself so i didnt feel it. and i was stupid and forgot to take a helmet off picture. so i'll take those tomorrow.

Action:

20151221_161947_zpsmav8g2ww.jpg

things i still need to deal with though, my clips are nice and all but my screws wont stay in! i'm thinking of just gluing them, that alright? 20151221_1737311_zpsvtnqeopx.jpg

I need to find a way to shorten the forearms or close them more, they are just to wide for my noodle arms:

20151221_162244_zpsucapc7fl.jpg

wouldnt have had this pic but sis took one of me joking that i cant scratch my face.

let me know if you notice anything else i should fix. i need to get smaller gloves, as large is just a little lose and gives me weirdly long fingers and a tighter undersuit since for some reason it kept poking out from the shoulder bells and of course the helmet brow drooped it pushes up easy but again i didnt notice it til i was out of suit.

and i need to try just gluing elastic to the thihgs to kindey, because the belt system makes it really right in there and a pain to maneuver 

Edited by Comfy Turtle

As for your TD screws, I think when you drilled the hole you might have used a gauge that was a little too big. You could try getting a dry wall mounting anchor, glue that in place then you could still screw it into place.

edit:

The whole armor is looking good, hopefully you hear back with your TK id soon!

Edited by Jinsei

Looks good mate, awesome repair job on that control panel as well.<br>

Just watch the sniper plate slipping behind your thigh, I had the same problem, and it became pretty annoying during troops, I fixed it by putting a little piece of foam behind my thigh at the back of my knee, doing this pulled my thigh in towards the front of my knee.<br><br>

You could try bringing the shoulder bells in a bit, but that shouldn't matter for approval.<br>

Awesome job!

thanks everyone, i just fixed the TD screws buy using the next size up and longer. they wont budge now.

thanks Scott i'll try the padding thing as yeah the plate messes with me but i dont want it being overlapped. maybe i should raise the shin higher aswell, but i dont know what would hold it.

for the shoulders i'm thinking i'll just shorten the elastic they are snapped too by a inch.

• Like 1

One thing that kind of stands out is your left outer portion of the cover strip on your shin. There's a significant gap that you can either bead some E6000 and use painters tape and magnets to get more flush with the surface area or you can do what I've seen a few troops do and use caulking glue. 

Looking good Adam. I noticed the tube stripes on your bucket (right side). Not sure if its the pics but they look off and different spaces between them and smudged. Did you paint them or are they decals. It may be the pics but just something i noticed. Keep up the good work. You are almost there

hes saying the shoulder bells are to far from the chest and he wants the side gaps fixed, and mentioned the split rivets. i told him i was just shooting for basic approval right now but he hasnt responded yet. i give its the holidays and everything is slow right now but still bummer. was hoping to get approved before the new years

Ok, shoulder bells shouldn't be too hard a fix by shortening the straps a little bit. Possibly rotate them inwards a touch for your next lot of photos as well?<br>

Not sure what he means by side gaps? Your kidney plate seems to flare out a bit at the sides, maybe try shortening the elastic there as well, or possibly gently heat bend it a touch? Or trim the kidney plate slightly?<br>

Which rivets is he referring to? He should only be looking for basic approval, the ab/kidney rivets are Centurion, I would ask for clarification on that like you have.<br>

Don't get down mate, they should be a couple of pretty easy fixes, and if they are looking that hard then you've done a really good job! Well done, not long now!

Any word on aproval.  Looks good to me.  One possible improvement though would be to trim the outer part of the knee guard.  It will blend in more and won't risk catching anything in transport.

Hopefully your approval comes soon.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for being away so long. believe it or not i didn't just give up on this. but was just hit by life, was unemployed for a bit but got myself back on track. and was distracted by my other favorite hobby, Gundam models.

Heres what i'm armors looking like while at a event last month.

5a017a961c19c978b530f569754b7bc8_zpsfhpg

Anyway i'm hoping to try and work on the side gaps within the week. i also finally bought a Husky storage container since admittedly my armor has been sitting in some boxes for months. hoping to clean them all with magic eraser once its complete.

Last my Anovos set arrived. while sitting in the basement right now. i'm planning on either turning it into the Shock Trooper from Battlefront EA or just try selling it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i did manage to shorten the shoulder bells up like he asked. just took a extra inch of the straps. no problems there.

I feel like a idiot but i'd thought i'd ask the experts on how i should handle the gaps in my side armor. i fully admit i'm scared just shortening the sides will just make it tighter and more uncomfortable. plus lately i can never seem to grow anyway but sideways lol.

20160306_1335351_zpsajir5zmf.jpg

Also apparently my right lower front snap broke off. doesnt seem to effect much but i'll glue it back on.

Here is my left side, i dont know why the edges point outward but i'm thinking i can just take a head gun and move them back. probably didn't trim them off the intial box from ATA

20160306_1334411_zpstex5gbu5.jpg

And my Right:

20160306_1336431_zpsy5enhaz6.jpg

Any ideas that will close them enough to finally get me 501st approved?

Hey mate,<br>

Given both seem to open up towards the top, it might pay to check if your straps are the same length, it kind of looks like the top ones are longer. The bottom of both sides looks ok, it's just the top that looks out.<br>

getting close!

Hey mate,<br>

Given both seem to open up towards the top, it might pay to check if your straps are the same length, it kind of looks like the top ones are longer. The bottom of both sides looks ok, it's just the top that looks out.<br>

getting close!

I'm going to ditto what scotty said.

Any other gap can be fixed by making the belt nice and tight when putting on the armor. (suck it in lol)  :salute:

tried shortening the side straps, it helped a little but made it so tight i can just slide the thing on anymore so i might go back.

how does one install shims then? i honestly dont think its a big deal but apparently its holding me back.

Hey Adam, you're not alone in this arena. My suggestion would be to tighten the left side so there's little to no gap. A single nylon connecting strap at the top, let the belt do all the work at the bottom. This allows you to get in and out of the armor easier still accomplishing the same goal. That said, if it's too difficult still breathing in "CLICK" breathing out ;) then yes you may have to shim.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so i've taken some more pictures and the Carolina CO said he'd he'll work on the approval process so hopfully i'm in but after looking back on my pics it feels like a pity pass. i'm hoping to do some quality and comfort improvements in the following weeks. probly not Centurion as much i wanted to see but maybe after.

heres one of the pics i took while taking 

20160329_164852_zpsatf5j7ki.jpg

i'm looking at considering a few ideas to improve the insides, as of now my thigh armor is entirely held up of a belt holding the straps up/embarrassingly with some tape and that shows in the pic, i'm open to ideas to switch it out but i'm thinking of just gluing/snapping the thigh straps to the inside of the kidney plates.

i've a also heard alot of people dont like it but i've seen some people cut the cod off of the kindey around under the belt and revelcro it to give it more articulation as right now it bites into me.