Comfys ATA ANH Stunt - First Build!

that makes since, it probly happened after i shortened the shins by a inch to give some extra mobility, i've already sanded it since then but give it a extra sand to make sure

final touch ups i want to to so far are attach the mesh, but i'm trying to think of a way that wont damage the plasti-dip, i used E6000 on my old helmet and some of it leaked into the teeth mesh area and it looked awful, put some padding in the helmet, redo the control panel circles and give everything a good sand/polish

You really don't have to go all pretty for the mesh. It's inside your helmet where no one is going to see anyways. I just cut it to size, put a few drops on and waited a minute or two for it to get tacky, and slapped it on. 

Alright put some E6000 in small spots and attached the mesh, hope it holds but i suppose i can add more

20151130_1737041_zpssrgic8wy.jpg

I wanted to put another layer to make sure no one could see though, but i remembered i want to breath  :laugh1:

i also repainted some of the control box buttons, not perfect, but no one should really notice

then used E6000 on some Velcro with some webbing to make temperary thigh straps since my snaps wont arrive in time.

Finally something came in the mail and i got excited expecting my gloves or clips. but turned out to be my Straw Hat Pirates flag i bought to have the One Piece voice cast sign while i'm at Yamacon (i can like things besides Star Wars while dressed as a Stormtrooper right?)

Thanks guys, sorry for nothing to report, not much else to do while waiting for my parts and supplies, i'm worried my gloves/handplates/TD clips wont arrive in time for this weekends con. so i might have to make some makeshift gloves and use the plates my kit came with.

and i ordered all the parts for fans for my helmet from amazon, my friend is one of the best electricians in town so he said he'll help me. but i ordered them last saturday and they just shipped today! so i expect to get hot under the helmet

also my phone arrived so hopfully that should be the end of my horrible quality pictures.

Do you think it would be to odd for a short trooper to have a big gun? i'm tempted to order one of hyperfirms DLT-19s but i'm not sure if it would be as cool as it sounds in my head. i'm hoping maybe other troopers will be at Yamacon and maybe one has one i can compare

Edited by Comfy Turtle

If you have a Home Depot near you?  That is were I picked up my glove (I have others I am going to troop in that breath better than the neoprene).  They look like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-Long-Cuff-Neoprene-Cleaning-Gloves-Large-18403-012/204218770

I'm 5'7" and have a T-21!  I say go big or go home, I think you'll be fine with a DLT-19.

Edited by Scarlet Trooper
  • Like 1

Very "interesting" day as i took my "in progress" TK to Yamacon in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Techinally a Anime con but who can say no to a TK?

It was fun and exhausting at the same time, getting my helmet on and off with the neckseal is 90 times harder then without, but i had way more love then expected and had alot of people ask for pictures, adults and kids alike!

Before going in, of course the sun glared me

20151205_105114_zpsyi77bso8.jpg

Unfortunately i was the only TK or Imperial of any kind there, but i did run across two 501st one retired but the old DO of Midwest Garrison, the other a 501st but not in gear. both complemented my armor and were very nice, i did meet some Mandos but mostly were quiet.

20151205_124950_zps1qnznmb3.jpg

for some reason i feel really fat in this picture.

I didnt notice my thigh going crazy here, but i couldnt resist

20151205_115135_zpsqdfp4ecq.jpg

the Doctor Who both people loved me, supposedly they posted this and me fighting the dalek on there FB.

20151205_124056_zpsy0bcjmar.jpg

20151205_124129_zpsiadkbpjl.jpg

Why are half the attractions of a Anime Con non-Anime related Cars? not complaining just amused.

20151205_154619_zps0jaky7vs.jpg

I remember seeing a picture of TKs playing Twister somewhere but i thought against it

20151205_125526_zpscfqqwwiu.jpg

Met Chuck Huber, a talented VA whos done alot of work on Dragon Ball Z and a ton of others. very funny guy much more laid back then i expected.

20151205_133149_zpspucoehit.jpg

Sorry if this is spam but i still considered this a field experiment, after the con total damage done was i lost one padding for my helmet i have extras of, my Shoes must be smaller then expected as i ordered the right size but my end toes really started to hurt as the con went on, like i could probably stand fine but walking around all day hurt and my E-11s Trigger guard got loose on one side, nothing more E6000 can't fix. hoping to have the rubber guards glued in and Thermal Detonator with me for the next big event. the Premiere!

For improvements though, how can i get the side gaps to be closed better? should i just tighten it with some velcro? them and my thighs were my only real complaints besides my forearms are a little long, might take a inch of those.

Scarlet: Between either carrying around my E-11 all con or holding my helmet while i needed air i might not get a DLT-19 just yet, its still a damn cool blaster though, maybe if i saw one in person.

Edited by Comfy Turtle
  • Like 2

Looks awesome!<br>

I think your forearms look fine. Just be careful trimming them if you decide to, you don't want to lose any of the dimples.<br>

Just shorten the straps between your back and kidney a touch, that should pull it all together nicely.<br>

Get those approval pics in!

• Like 1

is that possible? i'll message one of the GMLs and ask, it would be nice to have access to 501st only areas, even if my costume isnt 100% yet

Also sorry for adding on but i remember the butt plate moved a bit more then i'd like aswell both outward and up. what do people do to lock it down besides snaps to kidney and cod? maybe straps to the sides to keep it down?

Edited by Comfy Turtle

No, you would need to be approved to get access, sorry for the confusion, I just mean from those photos, it looks like your costume is just about ready. Once your thermal detonator is done, it doesn't look like there is much left to do.<br>

You will probably need to make some small adjustments after your first couple of troops anyway, which is how you might come up with a solution for your butt plate.

ah ok, i'll edit my message sent to him then, might check with Evilboy to see how the clips are coming though. he said they'd be mailed out last friday

but yeah i expect i'll still have alot to do to stablize the gear and upgrades for EIB/Centurion one day. 

is that possible? i'll message one of the GMLs and ask, it would be nice to have access to 501st only areas, even if my costume isnt 100% yet

Also sorry for adding on but i remember the butt plate moved a bit more then i'd like aswell both outward and up. what do people do to lock it down besides snaps to kidney and cod? maybe straps to the sides to keep it down?

Do you have snaps on your cod and butt plates down by your crotch?  That's how I keep mine from moving up.  

Looks like fun Adam  :duim:

Hey if you need TD clips I sell them also, no to discredit Johnathan but I know he's slammed right now trying to get blasters out. Let me know if I can help.

he responded two weeks ago saying he'd have them shipped out by the Nov 27th, but i'm guessing that didnt happen since i'm one state over from him

maybe, i'm just really hope i'll get them in time for the premiere. i mean if the 501st will let me i'll go with what i have, no one noticed i was missing the TD at the con. but i dont know how they'd take it

501st will require the thermal detonator, hopefully you get the clips in time, otherwise maybe go down to your local hardware store, get some 25x1mm aluminium strip and bend them yourself, they might not be as perfect as the guys who sell them, but they should pass.

yeah i mean the sides kept spreading out farther then need be, i might copy a thread i saw where they used a heat gun to shape it

We ending up using a heat gun on my husbands, it kept popping off his butt haha.  I have a dewalt heat gun and put it on 400 or 450 degrees and heated up the plastic a little all around.  Then I held it in place until it was cool again.  

alright minor update and no pics but i took your advice scarlet and used a heat gun on the butt, should stay in place better, i'll do it again if it pops up in approval pics, and i raised the belt finally to match just above the control panel. and didnt notice some of the blue button scraped off so i reapplied that

only real thing that is bothering me still is the side gaps, but inside the snaps block much room for new snaps, i'm thinking maybe heavy elastic with velcro?

• Like 1