Dobbs' Jes Gistang [KWDesigns] Build - Imperial Sands Garrison

Greetings,

Currently covered in armor shavings but I wanted to start a build post before I completely forgot. Helps to chronicle your own work as well. :) I'm very thankful for all the very informative build posts on this forum as it should make building this armor very easy. I was intimidated at first but thanks to you all, I'm much more confident. Pics to come.

Thanks,

Corey "Cotton" Dobbs

Imperial Sands Garrison

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Little progress so far and much frustration has already occurred.

BUCKET:

post-24939-0-28595200-1446609042_thumb.jpg

Please advise if this is "passable." I can always unscrew the ears and readjust. Keep in mind this is my second set of ears I've used to gain shown results.

Edited by Cotton

Gaps in the ears should be fine. When in doubt, check with your GML. It does end up looking a little different when you paint everything else up.  Maybe the eye is drawn away from it, but you notice those kinds of things less.

Personally, I'd try to get those closed up a little more (but knowing you don't have another set of ears, go slow).  It looks like if you shave the flat part down a bit, that should close it up some.

• Like 1

Hey Cotton!

I went through both of my ears, and decided on the last set that I'm just going to have some gaps. I agree with Bobby.... you can ask your GML. My GML was very helpful, and I made 3 revisions before getting approved. I kept shaving off plastic on the straight flat parts of the ears, which helped the curved parts fit a bit closer. I still have gaps, but I'm living with it. :) I spent about 50% of my build time being frustrated, but it worked out in the end. Just keep at it, we know you can do it! Cheers, Jenny

• 2 months later...

Nice job!

Congrats to Jennifer :)

Those are how my boots look. I went with the statue version, so those boots were ok by my gml.

Only us nerds will notice - the shoulder bells probably need pulled forward a bit. I had to keep

tweaking my bells and thighs and knees. This looks very awesome! YAY!!!!

She looks great! The boots will need the strip down the center and the shoulder bells could be rotated forward. One more Legacy coming for the Legion!