RS Props full build question

I'm planning on buying my very first armor very soon and I'm almost sure that I read somewhere on here that RS Props commissioned full builds were centurion approved out of the box. Am I correct in that or did I misread something in all the forum post I've tried to absorb over these last few weeks? I'm new here and just don't want to order armor that costs so much if I'm going to have to modify it to get approval. I'm buying because A. I'm impatient and B. I want nice quality. Plus I work so much that I really don't have time to build right now. Thank you all 

On paper it is but it depends on how well the armour fits you too. The work that RS do is great but as I am sure you can appreciate when they are building from a set of measurements once you get the armour there might be a few tweaks here and there to ensure a perfect fit. Hope this helps!

You will need to get basic approval from your local Garrison first, Shawn.  After that, you can apply for EIB.  Once your EIB is approved, then you can apply for Centurion!  On a side note, when you take your measurements for RS, be sure to wear tight fitting clothes.

What do you want .... Nice quality or RS?<br><br>

They build not nice, they build it sloppy as the original propbuilders did. It may be screenaccurate, but most people wouldn't call that "nice".

I guess that's down to personal opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all
  • Like 1

What do you want .... Nice quality or RS?<br><br>

They build not nice, they build it sloppy as the original propbuilders did. It may be screenaccurate, but most people wouldn't call that "nice".

Disagree with you on that one.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thats why i wrote "most people", not "everyone".

Which is exactly the point I was trying to make, I was not trying to argue with you, I was just pointing out that your comments on the quality of builds from RS are just your opinion. The RS commissions I have seen have been of a very high standard
  • Like 1

It´s, more or less, the same as with the "wonky and bumpy or sanitized" helmets. And if sanitized, how much?

A "pretty high standard" of screen-accuracy might please some, others may prefer it "nice and shiney", and a third group may prefer to receive it nice and shiney just to have full control on where and how much their stuff will be aged.

Different people will always have a variance of opinions. The thread opener hasn´t said what is his pov about "nice" - expecting a nice and shiney new suit and getting a screenlike used look can be a sad experience.  :D

• Like 1

I have been emailing RS Props about choices for my build. I think I've narrowed it down to the PVC option for the crisper white appearance plus they tell me the PVC is more durable. Other than that I want the screen accurate look and assembly so I can achieve at least EIB status.

• Like 1

You'll definitely get the screen accurate look from RS.

This is my RS, it's ABS but it gives you an idea of what to expect from their "bumpy" lid

0X8iWw1.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for one more reply from RS hopefully tomorrow regarding fitment to my body type. If that email is favorable then I'm go for spending this cash that's burning a hole in my bank account. Hopefully if they're correct on the delivery time frame I might have it before the release of Ep VII here in the states.  :icon_beg:

• Like 1

there are alot of options you can choose from now. Accurate but bumpy and built only with measurements, fanbuild but awesum from Paul, some nice armor from canada wich is nice but not so accurate, so so armor from a guy in Germany, nice shiny stuff from other people in Germany. problem is you have to figure out what you want to have

• 1 month later...

Hi Shawn,

I just received my RS Props full commission stormtrooper on Nov. 9, 2015. I was able to be 501st approved out of the box. I did, however, just adjust the size of my thigh armor a couple of days ago. I'm not sure my upcoming EIB and centurion applications would be approved with it as delivered. The thighs, especially the left one, were much too large for trooping. I had to cut off approximately two and a half inches off the top back of the thighs and about an inch and a half at the bottom. The right thigh was not so bad, but I still took off about an inch and a half. Now they fit great and don't clang into each other and feel clumsy. You will probably want to order some cover strip material from trooperbay.com or other providers so you're prepared to make the adjustments.

Here is an unboxing video of my RS full commission stormtrooper, if it helps you:

• Like 1