here we go! ANH Stunt build

I compiled all the pictures I took the other weekend and here is what we have:

Everything Else

Everything set up from what I had completed before

IMG_20151121_175215_072_zpsrm1mrimy.jpg

After that, we gathered together everything that needed to be cleaned up and sanding and it was off to the bench for me(It took this newb awhile to sand everything)

Shims and cover strips glued on to thigh and shin pieces

IMG_20151121_185431_025_zpscgoq5azy.jpg

Left and Right arm pieces with cover strips glued on

IMG_20151121_185436_406_zpsibgw0cwa.jpg

crappy picture....

IMG_20151121_185439_840_zpsw5sbgcjb.jpg

Torso pieces riveted together, shoulder straps glued on, and cod strap done

IMG_20151121_215436_649_zpsjyddv0ut.jpg

Close-up

IMG_20151121_215441_570_zpsmyzibkcn.jpg

Thigh belt and straps done; sniper knee glued on and plastic hand plates done(I will be ordering flexible ones for my shot at EIB and Centurion)

IMG_20151121_224335_661_zpszxo3ifhc.jpg

Shoulder straps were attached and the belt was made somewhere in the time between these pictures....

Arms were finished quickly

IMG_20151121_231702_108_zpsle4qyt28.jpg

Closeup of belt with buttons gluing and ab buttons glued on.

IMG_20151121_231712_643_zpsxitm5lbn.jpg

Holster now attached(Beautiful work, Darman)

IMG_20151122_110404_086_zpspuz0rs0v.jpg

That is all I have in regards to the torso and limb pieces. The shots of everything finished and arranged on the table were pretty terrible so I won't post them. The ab buttons have since been painted as well as all rivets and snaps that need to be white.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Edited by conkerreloaded

I got my boots in! They arrived earlier this week and they are quite nice. I ordered from TK Boots and I received them in less than a week. The leather is pretty hard and will take some time to break in but from here all I have left are my gloves, which should be arriving Tuesday!
IMG_20151205_194815_595_zpsxabickkz.jpg

Here they are with the armor:
IMG_20151205_193842_870_zpsicyduc0v.jpg
IMG_20151205_194007_365_zpswrtoru6u.jpg
IMG_20151205_194018_496_zpsdk2ssdtw.jpg

When my boots arrived I went through the task of seeing how the shin armor would fit over them. I had little to no need of modification except one little thing: The hooks by themselves wouldn't cover it, especially on the left shin where my calf is significantly larger than my right due to mild hemihypertrophy. This really sucks because the armor needs to me squeezed on there and there was still black showing through the back(which I know is not good). I don't have any pictures of before, but I have plenty now after modification.

On both pieces I placed strips of Velcro on the areas in between the hooks and the holes so make an actual seal. Quite crude, but it's functional.
IMG_20151205_202055_505_zpsmozvrlgq.jpg

Velcro in action
IMG_20151205_194514_424_zpsznmritn5.jpg
IMG_20151205_194413_686_zpshec5ya4v.jpg

From the back
IMG_20151205_194344_986_zpslsqxnzbt.jpg

The only problem I can see is that it gives the impression of overlap construction instead of butt joint/coverstrip construction due to the thickness of the velcro.
My questions to all of you are:
1. Is this approvable?
2. Should I decide to purchase new pieces to better suit myself, who makes bigger shin armor besides AM?

Your cover strips should end below the top ridge on the calves. I use Velcro to close mine and they stick up too. There is such thing as low profile Velcro which would correct this but I haven't found any locally yet. Not a big deal overall

My GML helped me build most of it and he glued the cover strips like that. I think I'm alright there but I'll double check.

I'm going to make the switch to white Velcro to keep it from showing black and maybe mod later with low profile Velcro.

The hooks my GML installed to originally close the calves are still in place, mainly for back up and help with closure. I may take them out eventually but for now I see no need to do so.

Thanks for the input!

Edited by conkerreloaded

Switching to white velcro will help disguise the opening. Are you using "Industrial Strength" velcro, or regular? The Industrial Strength has more pulling power and should keep the joint closed and tight. 

Looking good Antonio :duim: . Also, Jason is correct the cover strips at the back of the calves are to be below the upper lip, here's a reference photo. Keep up the great work.

gallery_12157_59_18998.jpg

Here it is as it stands now. No E-11 yet so my Firefly blaster stood-in(I know not to use it for my approval pictures)

IMG_0905_zpsrbdo1jan.jpg

Nice blaster! 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I have little too much return edge or it's trimmed wrong on the shoulder bells. Might have to tighten the top strap to get them touching. Hoping to make EIB once I get a blaster so any suggestions to help me fix anything is much appreciated.

Also, Ideally you want your shoulder bells touching or very close to your chest to back strap

Other observations and suggestions: 

1) Drop your biceps about 1". The upper connection looks ok at this time

2) Raise your shins about 1" if possible to reduce the gap between them on your thighs. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Now to drop the bicep, would I have to reposition the hook?

Not necessarily. Is there anything else connecting the two (bicep to bell)?