ATA Works Kit Builders?

Hey everybody,

I'm not gonna diverge into why I want a high quality stormtrooper costume cos it's probably the same reason you all wanted one. 

My question is that I stumbled across ATA Works, and I've heard great things about the kit and all that. Cool. I inquired about the price, seems reasonable, put myself on the waiting list now. The only question that remains is... the kit.

I honestly have had little to no experience with costuming or kits of this sort, and I honestly feel that if I do make a big commitment to a kit like ATA's that it'll just end up being a disaster. Is there any reliable and trustworthy people that I can commission to build the kit for me? Is that even a thing? If anyone can give me a list of references or their contact info it would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks for listening!

I have an ATA kit that I've trooped in 80 times so far and I love it! I've seen other kits but love mine. I was super intimidated building it at first but have since helped many of my fellow squadmates with their builds. There's a sense of pride when you complete your kit and you should contact your local squad (if you haven't done so already) and inquire about and upcoming armor parties. The only real downside to the ATA kit is the wait time as I ended up waiting about 10 months for mine to finally arrive. 

• Like 1

I have an ATA kit that I've trooped in 80 times so far and I love it! I've seen other kits but love mine. I was super intimidated building it at first but have since helped many of my fellow squadmates with their builds. There's a sense of pride when you complete your kit and you should contact your local squad (if you haven't done so already) and inquire about and upcoming armor parties. The only real downside to the ATA kit is the wait time as I ended up waiting about 10 months for mine to finally arrive. 

yeah, I was just told it'd be a 10 month wait period. Which I don't mind as I'm in no-rush.

As far as local squads, how did you go about finding yours?

All Garrisons, Squads, and outposts are listed here, Muneeb:  http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php#garrisons

My first armor was FX, solid, but not accurate (2011)

I made my TD with an ATA armor. I loved to work this armor.

When I decided to change my Tk, I bought an AP armor. It's a good armor but the belly was too short. (the new model is corrected). So, I bought ATA for changing my AP.

Love ATA armor.

Edited by tk6589
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm still waiting for my ATA "Sandy" Armor. I got the helmet. and I'm of the same opinion. It's intimidating! I hope to get the Helmet done over this weekend, but the ears are really bothering me. I plan on spotting this weekend for my local garrison and hope someone is wearing a "Sandy", cause that's what I want to build. After I get this one done and approved I really want to build either a "Shock Trooper/Sandy" combination or a "Death Trooper".  But 1 Build at a time.

Any New Jersey "Sandy that could give me some pointers, please PM me!

Thanks!

My 1st Tk was an ATA back in 2009. I picked up another one recently. 

The best route for assistance in my opinion is reach out to local garrison/detachment members. Get an opportunity to look at a finished or maybe in process kit up close. Attend a build meeting if possible.