Allan1313's poor man's DLT-19 build

Looking great Allan!

great work

Thanks for the kind words. Once I am done with the armor I can finish this. Not much left besides the front and rear sights. Then paint!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, i didnt even think about that! Good addition! Heck even a small screw would work, since you need a screw to take off the battery compartment anyways. On comes the brainstorming!

• Like 1

Here is what I am planning on doing. Since the part that the disc is on is raised going by the reference pics, I am going to make a piece of wood for that area. I panned on holding it on with rare earth magnets, one glued to the wood and one on the handle. This will let me take it off and have access to the battery compartment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just now finished mine after not being happy with it initially. Seeing how all of yall have taken the mod even further, its giving me the itch to disassemble and restart. But thats a whole nother can of worms lol. Hopefully will just order a hyperfirm when the time is right

I just now finished mine after not being happy with it initially. Seeing how all of yall have taken the mod even further, its giving me the itch to disassemble and restart. But thats a whole nother can of worms lol. Hopefully will just order a hyperfirm when the time is right

It's more fun to build. Don't go to the dark side haha. Those are nice though.

Got a little work done on the rear sight. So far so good.

400db24b0e91d2ee5dd0e9c034e8c473.jpg

3ed7f9a00680ca6722376524d75d4104.jpg

Also got some other good news, got my Anovos kit approved. TK-97491 ready for action. Now I just need to get the DLT-19 done.

• Like 1

Congrats on being approved!

Congrats Allan!

Question: What kind of tools are you using to shape that wood? That's some fine woodworking there.

Congratulations on your approval!

Thanks guys.

As far as the wood goes, it was mainly just a band saw for the large cuts and a little hand saw for the finer details.

8a5417486ce5ee5d4bf66abdf72a2ced.jpg

Here is a pic with my little E-11 until I can finish this.

• Like 2

Today I did some work on the conical disc area. So I cut a piece of wood and used the dremel to sand the shape of the grip. I think I will be using magnets to attach it to the grip so that I can pop it in and off to have access to the battery compartment. That will come later, need to test some magnets out.

1008cd27f1f3f069d2cf7972bafd7a4b.jpg

781e23b8d3bad0a829e60dd6d2788a7f.jpg

07b989fe33f9dd22f9cd75615eb80920.jpg

a967e2e03a07915397f56e14ff8607dd.jpg

66240dafbe5a9fd2dc5ebd9c57771a81.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time, but I worked on it for a few minutes yesterday. I wanted to have the battery compartment still be accessible. I decided to go with some rare earth magnets.

I made some holes in the piece I made for the handle/disc and glued the magnets in. Next I will glue magnets to the handle so that the piece can be removable and give access to the battery compartment so I can change batteries when needed.

08912c4c8750528db9eeb31e7d9390c3.jpg

b43af5bf1c40ea7c0738254f1c59b1ee.jpg

21c517feddce13c021162562d90ea542.jpg

Onward and upward.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...