Tested.com Anovos Shadowtrooper Video #2 is Up

Hey gang:

Tested.com just posted the second video of the Anovos build Norm and Frank are doing of the Shadowtrooper prototype.

Of particular interest here, I think, is the much greater insight into the strapping mechanisms provided.

http://www.tested.com/art/546991-how-build-star-wars-shadowtrooper-armor-part-2/

Any red flags here, builders?

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

I've seen that video and I'm very interested in knowing what people here think of their strapping system. It looks similar in principle to an elastic with snaps design but with industrial Velcro instead of snaps...

Edited by =Sv3=

i think its important to note the guy making it is an experienced prop builder and probably has a preference built up to a certain way of doing this sort of thing, so he probably put his own spin on a lot of things 

Edited by dejango

It's obvious it's their first time building a stormtrooper and they focus more on the costume than on accuracy. And using velcro is a mistake. It wears out and it has a much higher risk of failing while trooping. And you do not want to loose parts while in public.

Just as with AM, I suggest throwing out the provided strapping kit and doing it with snaps instead if you want durability.

PS, the two snaps in the butt plate is not for "double snaps", it's only one female snap on the strap, because it's for adjusting the tightness.

While that video is all and good about showing the inexperienced that building TK armour is very achievable, how does the molding and detail look to our more accuracy-oriented members around here?  Are the details on the TK kits Anovos is selling going to pass muster?  Can you achieve EIB or Centurion with these kits?

I'm asking because I actually have no idea.   :blink: