Well on Friday the 13th I ran into a huge issue! I got a bad can of Rustoleum paint. Some yellow goop sprayed out of the can then it all turned white. I sprayed 3 pieces and the paint instantly on the 3rd light coat peeled up! I scraped off the paint and noticed something was eating the ABS! I grabbed the pieces and got them into warm water. That stopped the reaction. Unfortunately it did eat into the ABS. what a nightmare! I sanded all the loose areas and now have put a skim coat of glazing puddy on to get a smooth surface. Make sure you check you cans of rustoleum for that yellow goop when you test it out. I tried other cans from the batch and they were fine but I am done spraying! The rest of the parts are going to be done by a professional.

IMG_2322_zpsy4juu9ud.jpg

IMG_2323_zps9wfehtls.jpg

IMG_2324_zpsw1q68rgx.jpg

IMG_2343_zpsi5cjxb49.jpg

Yuck! How much is that going to cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, sorry to read that, lucky you can think fast and saved it from any further damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things are going well. Thighs and shins are done for mudding. I just need to fix the bicep, cod, pouch cover and one forearm. I also have the chest to finish out and two boxes on the ab and I am done!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update:

TK-10114 & 21029 are in paint. We dropped off the parts on 11/30. The painter is using a single stage enamel and is color matching the helmet. The helmets are even getting repainted and the semi gloss on the back, boxes and thermal detonator are being done also. The armor comes home on Tuesday, 12/8 and will have the gaskets done just this weekend and will need Velcro put on the biceps, forearms, thighs and shins and clean up the strapping and done!

Edited by TriumphTrooper8
  • Like 3

So I took on the "beta" gaskets and won! I used my last resort Zap-a-gap" and that stuff rocks! I also had sewn on the Velcro splotches too. all that is left is mounting the knees and some strips of Velcro on the belt. Armor should be in hand soon!

IMG_2649_zps95diq71n.jpg

IMG_2650_zps1zcf8fua.jpg

Tomorrow......12/9 at 1pm I am picking up the armor from the painter! is it not 12/25?

Sure feels like Christmas though doesn't it? haha

Be advised 30+ days is average full cure times with automotive paints. I only mention this because I placed a small clamp in a unseen location of the armor to hold something and left it overnight. The next day I found a small indentation from the clamp. Totally forgot ambient temps effect cure times.  :blink: