CFO RoTJ build

TheCanuck37

Finally received my armor! (it was a rare good eBay sale that I confirmed was legit first)

post-24691-0-97365300-1444432554_thumb.jpg

There are some things I need to clean up, but looks like a lot of the hard work has been done.  Just need to get straps and assemble certain parts.

I *love* the helmet, sskunky!

• Like 1

So it's going to take some extra work.  The previous owner used ABS glue, and didn't do a good job of clamping or something.  Lots of open seams along the shins.  Most of the glue joints didn't hold, so I was able to separate them, and prep them for regluing.  The worrysome ones are where the seal is good, but lots of glue leaked out, and it's a yellowish color.  Overall, it's not terrible, but will be a bit more work than originally anticipated.  But that's half the fun, right?  ;)

Anyone have tips on how to clean that up, or am I looking at sanding and polishing?

Definitely a good find on ebay! The seller must have either ran into financial problems or got frustrated trying to build the kit. Sskunky is currently building my cfo kit. Unfortunately I can't build my own because i'm a partially disabled vet and unable to do detail work with my hands especially working with sharp things:) I'll have to bow out on your question to the build experts, but wanted to congratulate you on your great find!

• Like 1

Hi mate, I had moments where I needed to unglue my mistakes and reglue - I found that using a fine wet and dry was the best way to go - started with 400grit and worked my way up to about 1500 - it was the quickest way to get it back to a good finish without doing any more damage - 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...